SX110IS - howto start porting - page 57 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #560 on: 20 / January / 2013, 16:19:25 »
Advertisements
I found this topic on record dark frames, control with mechanical shutter from lua script. I don't know how to adopt for my camera.
This should work in any build with "native calls" enabled. The function required to register the Mecha event procs may vary on some cameras. If the return value of call_event_proc is -1, then the function probably isn't registered. If this happens, someone here can probably find the correct function for you.

Depending on camera and settings, you may need to open the shutter after taking the dark frame.

In CHDK 1.2, you don't need a special build to use native, you just have to turn the "Enable Lua native calls" option on in the misc menu.
If i understand properly, this script switch a shooted double image to one normal and one dark frame pictures separate.
You can just close the shutter and take one shot to make a dark frame.

The CCD sensor temperature is important, different normal and dark frame CCD temperature not good. This is one thing why it's not good to use very old dark frames.
You could take a series of dark frames and log the CCD temperature. Then log the CCD temp when you shoot, and match them up.

The script attached here may be useful http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=9229.0
very interesting topic, a540 camera record a normal and dark frame separate
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=1998.msg18450#msg18450
That code saved the raw before and after the canon dark frame. That doesn't give you the actual dark frame (most likely Digic does the subtraction when it reads out the dark frame, and so it's never stored in ARM accessible memory), but the difference between the two would show you what has been subtracted out. However, this method requires new hooks in the ASM code for every camera. Using the mecha eventprocs to close the shutter is a much more efficient way to get dark frames.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mngc

• a590is fw 1.0.1b & sx110is fw 1.0b
« Reply #561 on: 21 / January / 2013, 13:37:31 »

This more recent script might interest you as well :  http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8833.msg92195#msg92195

Hi,

Thanks the script link. This is extreme useful with nafraf test build! :) Very good for meteors without any modifications. Meteor shower photography also interesting. Your script working ok with nafraf test build, now i have separete dark frames.

Offline mngc

« Reply #562 on: 21 / January / 2013, 14:05:00 »

This should work in any build with "native calls" enabled. The function required to register the Mecha event procs may vary on some cameras. If the return value of call_event_proc is -1, then the function probably isn't registered. If this happens, someone here can probably find the correct function for you.

Depending on camera and settings, you may need to open the shutter after taking the dark frame.

In CHDK 1.2, you don't need a special build to use native, you just have to turn the "Enable Lua native calls" option on in the misc menu.

Thanks the detailed comment. Now understand, how it works. Waterwingz lua script working on my sx110 camera with nafraf test build. Now i copy mechanical shutter functions to my script and working too. :) I try with my a590 camera, working too. :) 

You could take a series of dark frames and log the CCD temperature. Then log the CCD temp when you shoot, and match them up.

The script attached here may be useful http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=9229.0

Yes, this is very useful. Currently working on it. I have function to log some parameters, but your code more better. Common problem with my old code , when battery empty, log file losed. Opened/closed for each line i think better and append too.

« Reply #563 on: 08 / February / 2014, 12:42:16 »
If you are the owner of a SX110is we need your help improving the manual focus / subject distance override capability of CHDK.

Please read the instructions posted here < Link to Testing Instructions > and test your camera.

TIA.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline mngc

« Reply #564 on: 24 / February / 2014, 15:06:49 »
I have SX110, i will test it and come back. Thanks the good news.

If you are the owner of a SX110is we need your help improving the manual focus / subject distance override capability of CHDK.

Please read the instructions posted here < Link to Testing Instructions > and test your camera.

TIA.

Offline mngc

« Reply #565 on: 25 / February / 2014, 16:08:27 »
Test result uploaded to another thread:

Hi,

Script test log file for SX110is, no crash.

Offline mngc

« Reply #566 on: 11 / June / 2014, 16:45:01 »
I use chdk 1.3.0 3462 with this camera.

- If i powered on the camera with long press power button, everything is ok. Camera in record mode, and switch to picture review mode ok.

-  When powered on short press power buttton camera and chdk booted ok in picture review mode, but if i press the picture review/record mode switch, camera crash, and turned off.

-  When powered on short press power buttton camera and chdk booted ok in picture review mode. If i press the shutter button camera switch to record mode, without error.

This is not a new bug, long time exist, old 1.2.0 chdk same with this camera.

Any help welcome.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #567 on: 11 / June / 2014, 17:53:51 »
- If i powered on the camera with long press power button, everything is ok. Camera in record mode, and switch to picture review mode ok.

-  When powered on short press power buttton camera and chdk booted ok in picture review mode, but if i press the picture review/record mode switch, camera crash, and turned off.

-  When powered on short press power buttton camera and chdk booted ok in picture review mode. If i press the shutter button camera switch to record mode, without error.
This is not a bug. When CHDK starts, it doesn't know which button it was started with, and defaults to start in playback mode. If you hold down the power button for longer, CHDK gets a chance to notice that the power button is down and starts the camera in record mode.
If - for whatever reason - the camera starts in playback mode, a push on the playback button (you called it "picture review/record mode switch") will switch it off. Once record mode is active, the button will change between playback and record mode. If you switch to playback mode from record mode and wait until the lens retracts, the button will again change its function, and switch the cam off when you press it.

« Reply #568 on: 11 / June / 2014, 18:35:54 »
When powered on short press power buttton camera and chdk booted ok in picture review mode, but if i press the picture review/record mode switch, camera crash, and turned off.
This is not a bug.
Simple demo. Start your camera with an SD card not containing CHDK by pressing the "Playback/Review" button.  Then press that button again.  Observe that it turns the camera switches off on the second press, just like in your example.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline mngc

« Reply #569 on: 12 / June / 2014, 12:23:46 »
Thanks for fast replies. Now i test without CHDK. Playback button on the camera and off the camera as describied. Ok, not a bug, but feature. Only difference in power button without chdk, always go to record mode (short or long press) when powered on the camera.

Chdk default settings switchable to sort power button => record mode?