3D SCANNER with multiple Cameras - page 5 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

3D SCANNER with multiple Cameras

• 42 Replies

Offline cdg

Re: 3D SCANNER with multiple Cameras
« Reply #40 on: 17 / August / 2015, 02:04:32 »
Advertisements

kbd.c is part of the CHDK source. Each port has one in its platform directory.

If you are wanting to mix USB remote and PTP, CHDK 1.4 now includes the usb_force_active (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Lua/PTP_Scripting#usb_force_active) function for almost all ports.
reyalp,i just found the CHDK USB Remote page and it's say
 "When this option is selected, the USB port on the camera will no longer be available for uploading picture files or PTP operations."  and i tried the result is just like that .or could i enable the usb remote function with CHDKPTP?

« Reply #41 on: 17 / August / 2015, 08:08:00 »
"When this option is selected, the USB port on the camera will no longer be available for uploading picture files or PTP operations."  and i tried the result is just like that .or could i enable the usb remote function with CHDKPTP?
When the CHDK USB remote is enabled, it interrupts all communications over the USB cable as the camera no longer detects 5V on the cable and thus does not realize it is connected to a PC.  It does not matter if you enable it from the CHDK menu or (somehow) via CHDKPTP.  The result will be the same - no communications.

There is a way around this and reyalp posted the solution a couple of posts back in this thread :

If you are wanting to mix USB remote and PTP, CHDK 1.4 now includes the usb_force_active (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Lua/PTP_Scripting#usb_force_active) function for almost all ports.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline cdg

« Reply #42 on: 17 / August / 2015, 09:32:19 »
Thank you for your reply!!
but i don't know how to use this usb_force_active,when should i use this code?