Just can't get RAW ... using the ELPH 180 ... IR Kit from Kolarivision - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Just can't get RAW ... using the ELPH 180 ... IR Kit from Kolarivision

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
This package:  https://kolarivision.com/product/canon-powershot-elph-180-full-spectrum-converted-point-shoot-camera-infrared-3-filter-starter-kit-3/

I got it with the auto installing locked SD card. I think I've tried everything but just can't get the RAW files. I'm worried that I've changed some settings. How do I do a re-set and start over?

Offline koshy

Re: Just can't get RAW ... using the ELPH 180 ... IR Kit from Kolarivision
« Reply #1 on: 12 / November / 2019, 15:08:53 »
I think I've tried everything but just can't get the RAW files. I'm worried that I've changed some settings. How do I do a re-set and start over?
https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/CHDK_for_Dummies
Is probably a good thing to read first.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #2 on: 12 / November / 2019, 15:14:48 »
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I've read all of that material, over and over again. I'm pretty computer savvy but now I'm also pretty old!  :-)

Offline koshy

« Reply #3 on: 12 / November / 2019, 15:35:04 »
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I've read all of that material, over and over again. I'm pretty computer savvy but now I'm also pretty old!  :-)
So you have the camera with you, right? The SD card they shipped you is locked and you get the CHDK splash screen when you turn the camera on. A quick press of the Play Button will take you into CHDKs ALT mode, a press of the menu button will then bring up CHDK's menu. You seek "RAW (digital negative)" and under that activate the topmost entry "save RAW". Leave ALT mode with another quick press on play button. Hold play button to actually switch from Rec to Play.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 12 / November / 2019, 16:30:49 »
It would be helpful if you can describe what you did and what the result was
1) Is CHDK loading? If so, you should see the CHDK logo at startup
2) Is RAW / DNG enabled in the CHDK raw menu?
3) Do you see "raw disabled" in the CHDK UI?
4) How are you looking for the raw files (photo transfer software, SD card reader)
Don't forget what the H stands for.