Forum slowdown... DDoS attack or someone is doing the full mirror/backup of it? - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum  

Forum slowdown... DDoS attack or someone is doing the full mirror/backup of it?

• 8 Replies

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Advertisements
I noticed the huge slowdown of page loading this time. Some pages loads from only several attempts. I've looked at the visitors graph and seen that:

What is that?
DDoS attack?
Somebody is copying the whole forum?
CHDK Developer.

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
CANON! CANON!
:-)
in your stats, are you able to identify the IP?
maybe it was just google
chdk.setepontos.com s not fully indexed yet, and maybe Google decided to look at it deeper.

This is wierd, I'not experiencing the slowdown.

I did back up the database yesterday, it could be that... subdomain stats show nothing abnormal I think...

There has actually been a significant reduction of page clicks and views.. I guess the slowdown could be server driven.

I tried numerous times last night - 2000 - 2330 EDT and could not gain access. Partial page load and then lockup.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<")%%%><<

Just for the record, my leaving and this happening is pure coincidence. Just to quell any suspicions. I was gone all day yesterday and landed a 7lb bass.

[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Well,i doubt anyone would have suspected someone with a modem to ddos or mirror this site ;)
i have and had no problems browsing the forum,neither by cellphone or by landline :)

Should you continue experiencing any issues, please report ...

Thanks

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Seems a problem was gone. Forum works very fast .
CHDK Developer.