International Space Station - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum  

International Space Station

• 2 Replies
International Space Station
« on: 13 / October / 2012, 03:05:56 »
Advertisements
This is a combination of 318 exposures of 15 seconds each with the camera pointing straight up. Total exposure time was ~ 1:46:02.  The gaps in the ISS trail are due to image save time.

North is at the top. East is to the left. (Opposite of how a map works, because you're looking up. =P )

The ISS passed through in the first few minutes of exposure.  You can also see the SKYMED 2 satellite faintly at the far right.  There are also a couple of small meteors present.

I removed 4 airplanes with PhotoShop.  I also used PS auto-contrast to make the blacks blacker and the brights brighter.

Camera: SX20 IS

Native Settings: Manual mode (M); ISO 80; shutter 15s; focal length 5.0mm - 28.0mm/35mm equiv.; aperture f/2.8; manual focus to infinity

CHDK Settings:  Dark Frame Subtraction (DFS): off; Save as RAW (DNG): off; using default intervalometer script with interval set to zero (0) secs.

Post Processing: Averaged 5 manual dark frames; Subtracted master dark frame from each of 318 .jpgs using GIMP script (If anyone knows how to automate this in PhotoShop, PLEASE let me know!); Removed 4 airplanes with  Healing Brush and Spot Healing Brush; Combined all photos with freeware startrails program; Ran PS Auto-Contrast on the resulting image and saved as PNG. (Converted to JPG to meet size limit here.)

Re: International Space Station
« Reply #1 on: 13 / October / 2012, 03:08:31 »
Well I guess the 50% quality 404k JPG is mysteriously bigger than the 1.1mb limit, so I can't post an attachment.

Never mind.

EDIT - OK, now it's there, although I got a fatal error.

EDIT 2 - For reference, the brightest star which moves off-screen to the upper right (northwest) is Vega (in Lyra).  The next brightest, in the upper center, is Deneb (part of Cygnus).
« Last Edit: 13 / October / 2012, 03:22:53 by xeju »

Re: International Space Station
« Reply #2 on: 13 / October / 2012, 09:10:11 »
Well I guess the 50% quality 404k JPG is mysteriously bigger than the 1.1mb limit, so I can't post an attachment.
Upload it to  imgur.com and insert it into your post using the Image Insert tool at the left hand side of the editing tool bar ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16