How to i add scripts to the sd card?? i cant find where to do it!!!! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

How to i add scripts to the sd card?? i cant find where to do it!!!!

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
I have searched the forum and can't seem to find out how to get the script onto the sd card. I found the scripts and it says to download then and then transfer then to the sd card. But i can't download the script inside the box.. why??
any help would be great...
jason

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: How to i add scripts to the sd card?? i cant find where to do it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 / April / 2009, 21:02:17 »
Hello & welcome, jason !

I have searched the forum and can't seem to find out how to get the script onto the sd card. I found the scripts and it says to download then and then transfer then to the sd card. But i can't download the script inside the box.. why??

a) CHDK scripts are ordinary plain text files, you can save the script text with an text editor as text file.

b) On Windows you can use the Notepad, use .txt format and ANSI as coding type (NOT UTF or Unicode !)

c) There are 2 different scripting languages: uBasic and Lua; the filename extension should be .bas for uBasic scripts and .luaa for Lua ones.

d) Place the script files in the \CHDK\SCRIPTS folder on your memory card, the CHDK script selection dialog shows this folder by default.

e) Newer cameras (with the DryOS operation system) only shows "short" filenames (old DOS 8.3 style); so it may be helpful to use at most 8 characters if you own such a camera, otherwise you'll see a shortened version like SAMPLE~1.BAS...

« Reply #2 on: 26 / April / 2009, 21:11:14 »
that is what i have been trying, but when i save the file and save in the CHDK/SCRIPTS location it still shows up as a text file. THat is the part i am having a problem with. i dont understand why, when i save it, its not a bas file.
thanks.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 27 / April / 2009, 03:03:37 »
that is what i have been trying, but when i save the file and save in the CHDK/SCRIPTS location it still shows up as a text file. THat is the part i am having a problem with. i dont understand why, when i save it, its not a bas file.

Are you running Windows with the Explorer's default settings ?
  • In this mode Windows adds .txt to your filename, so the real file is named like myscript.bas.txt - maybe this is your problem (the full filename is shown in the file properties dialog from the Windows explorer)...
  • Try renaming the file in the Windows explorer...
  • See also How to NOT hide extensions in Windows

BTW- you can also select & run files with .txt filename extension; CHDK treats files with .lua as Lua scripts, all other extensions are proccessed as uBasic script.

Thanks a ton !
Now I can copy the scripts and save them as .bas file in the SD card.
Indrojeet Chaudhuri, India