loaded script - cant find how to unload it - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

loaded script - cant find how to unload it

• 3 Replies

Offline mvt

loaded script - cant find how to unload it
« on: 14 / November / 2009, 11:01:06 »
Advertisements
I am a new user.  I tried the example countdown script to see what it did.  Sounded pretty safe.  But now every time I turn on the camera and enable CHDK, the script is still loaded (or re-loaded).

How do I unload a script?  Can't find any hint in the manual.

Thanks.

Offline mvt

Re: loaded script - cant find how to unload it
« Reply #2 on: 14 / November / 2009, 17:44:18 »
Thanks for the link.

For completeness here is what I did.

There is no way to just unload a script.  So instead, I just made a new script following the example in one of the referenced posts.  I called it No_Op to indicate "No Operation".  That's a slight misnomer, because it takes a picture (probably what was intended) and leaves <ALT> mode.

I just made a new text file named No_Op.bas in the same directory as default.bas with these lines.

@title No_Op.bas
shoot
exit_alt
end

worked great.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: loaded script - cant find how to unload it
« Reply #3 on: 15 / November / 2009, 15:49:55 »
@mvt

There's a dummy script file you could load: Default.bas - it's the "default" script which is selected on a fresh CHDK installation, located in the CHDK\scripts folder...

But - there's no need to "unload" a script; in the CHDK config file the last used/loaded script ist stored, just for convenience, to run a script again without loading it again.
In <Alt> the one & only function of the shutter button is to start a script...

There's only one case where "unloading" (or a dummy script) could be reasonable: to prevent the accidentally start of a script.
For this you can use a script with just one single line:

exit_alt