Extra Intervalometer feature - page 5 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Extra Intervalometer feature

• 68 Replies
Re: Extra Intervalometer feature
« Reply #40 on: 06 / April / 2014, 11:29:30 »
Advertisements
It turned the display off and then back on when done.  So yep, that worked.
Hmmm ... try the attached modified version of meteor2.lua  ( meteor2x.lua ) ?

Well when the script first started it displayed turning off LCD, the lcd went off , I heard the shutter, then the preview was shown and the lcd display went back to behaving as before, only going blank during exposure.

« Reply #41 on: 06 / April / 2014, 11:38:29 »
Well when the script first started it displayed turning off LCD, the lcd went off , I heard the shutter, then the preview was shown and the lcd display went back to behaving as before, only going blank during exposure.
Thanks - that tells us a lot.  On most cameras, using set_lcd_display(0) turns the display off and leaves it off.  With your camera, it goes off but does not stay off. 

Interesting.

As a short term fix, I've attached a modified version that should turn the display back off after each shot.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #42 on: 06 / April / 2014, 12:36:19 »
Thanks - that tells us a lot.  On most cameras, using set_lcd_display(0) turns the display off and leaves it off.  With your camera, it goes off but does not stay off. 

Interesting.

As a short term fix, I've attached a modified version that should turn the display back off after each shot.

Nice.
At first it would show the 2 second preview after the shot then go dark during interval time and shot time then show 2 second preview then go dark and so forth.  Once I disabled the 2 second preview in the main camera menu it's completely dark throughout the whole operation.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 06 / April / 2014, 12:39:03 by El Pistoffo »

« Reply #43 on: 06 / April / 2014, 12:43:01 »
Once I disabled the 2 second preview in the main camera menu it's completely dark throughout the whole operation.
Does the unmodified version of the script turn the display off permanently when you disable shot preview as well?

« Reply #44 on: 06 / April / 2014, 13:13:59 »
Once I disabled the 2 second preview in the main camera menu it's completely dark throughout the whole operation.
Does the unmodified version of the script turn the display off permanently when you disable shot preview as well?

It's a good thing you asked this question.  As it turns out, once I disabled the in camera preview, both versions operate correctly and the same.  They both stay off permanently.

The only difference I noticed between both versions when the preview was still enabled was that in the unmodified version, after the 2 second preview you would see the live view during interval time till next shot.  On the modified, the LCD would only be on for the 2 second preview then go dark.

Well, it's all good now.  Thanks

« Reply #45 on: 07 / April / 2014, 09:17:13 »
yass4 is a fine script.  Only issue with it is that the LCD off function doesn't work.  Man that happens a lot with me.

« Reply #46 on: 07 / April / 2014, 09:39:07 »
yass4 is a fine script.  Only issue with it is that the LCD off function doesn't work.  Man that happens a lot with me.
I'm assuming you have turned off shot review in the Canon menus?  ( as discussed above)

I guess I need to add set_lcd_display() as one of the script options.  That function became available after the script was released.    I'll do that when I also upgrade the "focus at infinity" option.

Meanwhile, one the other options (BKLite DispKey ShrtCut) should work unless you have the shot duration so short that they never get time to take effect?

« Reply #47 on: 07 / April / 2014, 15:50:15 »
I'm assuming you have turned off shot review in the Canon menus?  ( as discussed above)

I guess I need to add set_lcd_display() as one of the script options.  That function became available after the script was released.    I'll do that when I also upgrade the "focus at infinity" option.

Meanwhile, one the other options (BKLite DispKey ShrtCut) should work unless you have the shot duration so short that they never get time to take effect?

Preview is off, interval was 10 seconds, I tried all three options with no success.

Thanks

« Reply #48 on: 07 / April / 2014, 17:05:28 »
Preview is off, interval was 10 seconds, I tried all three options with no success.
There is approximately a 20 second delay after start-up before the display turns off (to give you a chance to verify that things are running correctly).   Did you wait longer than that?

« Reply #49 on: 07 / April / 2014, 18:32:35 »
With the  LCD off function set to DispKey after about 1 minute it gave the message " set display off" once  then "unable to change display" once and then just kept doing its thing with the display on always on except during exposure.

With the  LCD off function set to ShrtCut after 30 seconds would display  "toggle sleep mode" after every shot and then just kept doing its thing with the display on always on except during exposure.

With the  LCD off function set to BKLite, after about a minute and a half  it began to display  "set backlight off"   after every shot.  It would display a live view briefly just before the next shot, then go dark during exposure then display "set backlight off" for a second then go dark for remainder of interval time and repeat.  So basically you had the display on for a second before and after each shot.