From soup to nuts, I need help with a sd1200 on a mac. - page 3 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

From soup to nuts, I need help with a sd1200 on a mac.

• 43 Replies
Re: From soup to nuts, I need help with a sd1200 on a mac.
« Reply #20 on: 01 / June / 2013, 22:19:32 »
Advertisements
Congratulations on getting through this - we really would love to see the results of your trip.  Everyone promises to come back - few do.  Make us believers again?

IT WORKS!
I assume you mean using "firmware update"?  Congratulations!

I downloaded the timelapse script and that seems to work as well! killer!
drivelapse ?

I have one last question, is there a way to turn off the lcd display while the timelapse is running to save battery life?
Darn - why has nobody has ever thought of that before? Hmm ...
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=9049.0

FWIW you save maybe 10% on your battery life (at best) turning off the LCD.  Its possible to add that to drivelapse - if I get a minute I'll look at that or one of the better battery savings modes.

Meanwhile,  your SD1200 has an OVF (optical view finder) which means that pressing the DISP button a few times will actually turn the whole LCD off - not just the backlight.  The link I posted above show how much bigger the savings from doing that can be!

UPDATE :  what I probably should have pointed out is that once you turn off the LCD display you have no idea if the script is still running.   "Stuff" happens - being able to watch the script run is a good thing.  Battery connectors fall out,  people forget to start the script, the cam shifts and takes 3192 pictures of your gas tank.  Its not like you are going to make the ride again if the camera hangs up.

« Last Edit: 01 / June / 2013, 22:37:50 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #21 on: 01 / June / 2013, 22:57:04 »
this is true, I'll just keep that spare battery handy.

I downloaded "countdown interval" script....is drive lapse better? should i try that one? is there a link?

This is gonna be great...

I'm on to phase two dumping the photos onto my ipad and making mini movies with them, then I'll upload them to imgur or facebook...I'll definitely come back and post the links!

« Reply #22 on: 01 / June / 2013, 23:14:12 »
I downloaded "countdown interval" script....is drive lapse better? should i try that one? is there a link?
I'm curious - how did you happen to pick that one?  The author does nice stuff but the drivelapse script was written for exactly what you are trying to do :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Drivelapse

I'm on to phase two dumping the photos onto my ipad and making mini movies with them, then I'll upload them to imgur or facebook...I'll definitely come back and post the links!
youtube.com or vimeo.com seem to be the most popular choices ...

« Reply #23 on: 02 / June / 2013, 10:21:31 »
another day another problem...

I'm trying drivelapse, but when i boot from the firmware update and start the script, I'm not sure how to get the camera to open and take a pic...I click the shutter and the script just says "finished" but the camera never opens...sheesh.

I set it to autostart, and it just says "auto start" "finish" as soon as i boot it up.

ugh.

« Reply #24 on: 02 / June / 2013, 10:44:38 »
aaaaannnnnd to make matters a little worse, i set the timer for the countdown timer to 4 seconds (the rate has to be faster to catch driving). I ended up with this...

Not a valid vimeo URL
it seems like when you give it ten seconds this clears up, but the video would be hella choppy at 10 seconds.

« Reply #25 on: 02 / June / 2013, 10:57:39 »
I'm trying drivelapse, but when i boot from the firmware update and start the script, I'm not sure how to get the camera to open and take a pic...I click the shutter and the script just says "finished" but the camera never opens...sheesh.

I set it to autostart, and it just says "auto start" "finish" as soon as i boot it up.
Doesn't sound like you actually loaded the script?   The first thing it does is switch the camera into shooting mode and extend the lens.

aaaaannnnnd to make matters a little worse, i set the timer for the countdown timer to 4 seconds (the rate has to be faster to catch driving). I ended up with this...
Not a valid vimeo URLit seems like when you give it ten seconds this clears up, but the video would be hella choppy at 10 seconds.
That link is no good.  Did you truncate the URL while copying it over?  And does this mean you now have the script starting properly?
« Last Edit: 02 / June / 2013, 11:01:51 by waterwingz »

« Reply #26 on: 02 / June / 2013, 11:03:08 »
meh, vimeo is making me wait in line til my video is uploaded, the link should work in another 20 minutes...lame.

I'm pretty sure I loaded the script right, I figured out how to get the shutter open and the camera running, but the script still says "started" "finished" and doesn't take any pics....

I'm taking a look around for other TL scripts right now, see if i can fix it that way.

« Reply #27 on: 02 / June / 2013, 11:09:49 »
meh, vimeo is making me wait in line til my video is uploaded, the link should work in another 20 minutes...lame.

I'm pretty sure I loaded the script right, I figured out how to get the shutter open and the camera running, but the script still says "started" "finished" and doesn't take any pics....

I'm taking a look around for other TL scripts right now, see if i can fix it that way.
When you are in <ALT> mode,  is the name of the script displayed in the lower left hand corner of your screen?   If no,  then you do not have the script loaded properly.

« Reply #28 on: 02 / June / 2013, 12:39:08 »
it's definitely down there, it says "drive lapse"...but then just "start" "finished"

oh, and the vimeo link is up now...please forgive the wrong orientation and the mess in my bedroom. tests and all.

« Reply #29 on: 02 / June / 2013, 13:07:57 »
it's definitely down there, it says "drive lapse"...but then just "start" "finished"
Where did you get the file you are using? Please copy the exact file from your SD card (not the one you started with on your hard drive) and attach here to a posting.

oh, and the vimeo link is up now...please forgive the wrong orientation and the mess in my bedroom. tests and all.
I'm confused about how you took those images if the script is not working for you.  What timer are you talking about?