Installing CHDK on a A810 firmware 100e - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Installing CHDK on a A810 firmware 100e

• 7 Replies
Installing CHDK on a A810 firmware 100e
« on: 10 / June / 2013, 19:12:36 »
Advertisements
My first attempt using a 16 gig SDHC card didn't seem to work after using EOSCard?

I now have two unopened SDHC cards to play with.

Rereading the CHDK for newbies it makes mention of using a partition on the card if its greater than 4 gigs for cameras prior to 2011.  I'm not certain when the a810 was introduced so should I partition with a 4 gig partition first?

Thanks John

Re: Installing CHDK on a A810 firmware 100e
« Reply #1 on: 10 / June / 2013, 19:20:39 »
My first attempt using a 16 gig SDHC card didn't seem to work after using EOSCard?
I assume this is a continuation of this thread :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10039  ?

The A810 was released on Feb 7th, 2012.

You probably want to read through this :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

I'd strongly advise downloading and using the STICK utility mentioned in the Info Box at the top of that page.  EOScard will only make your SD card bootable - you need to do a lot more than that.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 10 / June / 2013, 20:58:06 »
Stick tells me its firmware version 100e and then displays the following message

"No official build is available for this camera"

There is a beta build for a 100e firmware version.

More thoughts?

Thanks John

« Reply #3 on: 10 / June / 2013, 21:01:48 »
It would appear that FAT32 is the preferred method for for CHDK sinec its a 2012 camera.

Cheerio John

« Reply #4 on: 10 / June / 2013, 21:15:07 »
Stick tells me its firmware version 100e and then displays the following message
I believe this is why it might have been better if you'd continued with your original thread (link above) rather than start a new one.  I can't tell if STICK is misbehaving because of the image information issues you mentioned there but it seems like a good bet.  Did you try giving it a photo from one of your other 100e cameras?

It would appear that FAT32 is the preferred method for for CHDK since its a 2012 camera.
Correct.  You could follow the other instructions on the wiki page that I linked above if STICK does not start working.

« Reply #5 on: 11 / June / 2013, 08:18:04 »
I believe this is why it might have been better if you'd continued with your original thread (link above) rather than start a new one.  I can't tell if STICK is misbehaving because of the image information issues you mentioned there but it seems like a good bet.  Did you try giving it a photo from one of your other 100e cameras?

It would appear that FAT32 is the preferred method for for CHDK since its a 2012 camera.
Correct.  You could follow the other instructions on the wiki page that I linked above if STICK does not start working.

Both STICK and ACID tell me all three cameras are 100e firmware.  STICK gives the same message with photos from all three cameras when the photo is copied directly from the card and not imported through windows.  That is 100e and no official build is available for this camera.

I've been unable to locate the "Firmware Update..." menu item so that leaves me with the "Bootable SD Card Method".  Personally as long as I can take a photo with a remote switch I have no preference for one or the other other than the bootable SD method is at least reversible.

Running through the EOScard method once more I now appear to have CHDK working.  I suspect I did not click the save button when running EOScard. 

Many Thanks

Cheerio John

« Reply #6 on: 11 / June / 2013, 08:34:41 »
Both STICK and ACID tell me all three cameras are 100e firmware.  STICK gives the same message with photos from all three cameras when the photo is copied directly from the card and not imported through windows.  That is 100e and no official build is available for this camera.
I'll send a note to the author - zeno - but I believe he is on vacation at the moment.

I've been unable to locate the "Firmware Update..." menu item so that leaves me with the "Bootable SD Card Method". 
Did you start the camera with the Play button rather than the On/Off button?

Personally as long as I can take a photo with a remote switch I have no preference for one or the other other than the bootable SD method is at least reversible.
Both methods are "reversible".  Despite its name,  the "Firmware Update" method make no permanent changes - it just tricks the camera into loading CHDK into RAM.

Running through the EOScard method once more I now appear to have CHDK working.  I suspect I did not click the save button when running EOScard. 
I think that's the common problem with EOScard - people don't realize that the CHDK logo is actually a "button" that needs to be pressed.

Offline zeno

« Reply #7 on: 13 / June / 2013, 03:52:29 »
I am on vacation (in Italy) with just an android tablet (and WiFi at the hotel). I may be able to help in a day or so when we are staying with friends who have computers.
Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit