a BUG in the S5 release (GrAnd Allbest build 50) - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

a BUG in the S5 release (GrAnd Allbest build 50)

• 4 Replies
a BUG in the S5 release (GrAnd Allbest build 50)
« on: 09 / April / 2008, 17:34:53 »
Advertisements
Hello,
I'm a newbie here.
First, let me say your wonderful project and community are awesome... and Thanks :)

I wanted to report a BUG, if this is the right forum.

I'm using CANON S5, and i loaded GrAnd allbest build 50.
When i run benchmarking it enters into infinite loop of over-and-over speed testing which i can't stop. (Pressing the SET button starts the whole process again).
The only solution was to eject the batteries... the OFF button didn't respond too.

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
Re: a BUG in the S5 release (GrAnd Allbest build 50)
« Reply #1 on: 09 / April / 2008, 17:38:37 »
I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this bug. How do you mean that it starts testing over and over again? What did you do exactly (keypresses etc)?
When I press SET once, the test runs twice and stops after that. I then use the MENU key to return again. Does that work for you?

Offline m2tk

• Sheet happens ...
« Reply #2 on: 09 / April / 2008, 18:51:36 »
When I press SET once, the test runs twice and stops after that. I then use the MENU key to return again. Does that work for you?
the same at mine - just 2 passes
S5IS 1.01bc

« Reply #3 on: 10 / April / 2008, 15:25:20 »
Ok. I was checking the whole thing again, and it's my mistake...
Although i remember i had more than 2 passes, but now everything worked fine and ended successfully after the 2 passes. Probably i didn't pay notice :)

I guess we can erase this thread :)

« Reply #4 on: 10 / April / 2008, 17:38:21 »
Erase it? But then other newbies won't learn from your mistakes.

[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye