false triggering - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

false triggering

• 7 Replies

Offline timgor

false triggering
« on: 26 / June / 2013, 13:25:56 »
Advertisements
I have a question about general camera settings.
I use motion detector script and my camera is in the AUTO mode shooting.
The problem is that the camera is continuously showing the view frame from time to time (like searching the focus or something else) and makes the false triggering. What should I do to disable the appearing frame?

Offline reyalp

Re: false triggering
« Reply #1 on: 26 / June / 2013, 22:31:17 »
I have a question about general camera settings.
I use motion detector script and my camera is in the AUTO mode shooting.
The problem is that the camera is continuously showing the view frame from time to time (like searching the focus or something else) and makes the false triggering. What should I do to disable the appearing frame?
What exactly do you mean by view frame? If it's anything in the canon UI like the AF rectangle, it will not trigger MD, because it's in the UI framebuffer not the viewport framebuffer. The "AF Point zoom" (magnified box that helps you check focus) also has it's own framebuffer, so it will not affect MD.

I would guess that whatever is triggering the "view frame" is also triggering MD.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline timgor

« Reply #2 on: 27 / June / 2013, 14:33:53 »
Thanks for correspondence. It's small AF rectangle and from your answer I understand that MD has its own framebuffer that is not related to what we see on the screen. So searching the focus should not affect MD, right?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 27 / June / 2013, 21:43:31 »
Thanks for correspondence. It's small AF rectangle and from your answer I understand that MD has its own framebuffer that is not related to what we see on the screen. So searching the focus should not affect MD, right?
MD is done on the same buffer used for the live image on the LCD screen.

The UI overlay (the box, icons, canon menu etc) are a separate buffer.

If the camera is changing focus, that could trigger MD, since focus affects the actual live image. If you want to avoid this, you'd have to prevent the focus from changing.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline timgor

« Reply #4 on: 28 / June / 2013, 09:44:47 »
Ok, this is exactly what is happening.  AF rectangle is jumping on the LCD screen and sometimes trigger the focussing (without half-press). Does it mean that

set_aflock(1)
MD()
set_aflock(0)
shoot()

would help?

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #5 on: 28 / June / 2013, 10:51:24 »
What camera? Auto mode is not the best choice. Try to turn off some automatic functions.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline timgor

« Reply #6 on: 28 / June / 2013, 11:00:24 »
What camera? Auto mode is not the best choice. Try to turn off some automatic functions.

msl
A3400IS
it happens also in the P mode with AF Frame = Face AiAF

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #7 on: 28 / June / 2013, 11:20:12 »
Maybe there is an issue with the Face/AiAF mode and the touch function. Try another AF option with a fixed AF rectangle.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links