A720 last shooted Image review via key - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

A720 last shooted Image review via key

• 3 Replies
A720 last shooted Image review via key
« on: 11 / April / 2008, 04:30:24 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I have a request regarding the review of the last shooted image. The A720 only allow to review the images right after shooting, or you must switch into the review mode (the switch seems not really reliable). My previous camera has the possibility to show the last image on one pushed key. Is it possible to add a new function into chdk for config a dedicated key for this function? For the A720 left or right key could be used, because free of function during recording mode. The left key would be the most intuitive key.

Thank you for considering this function.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: A720 last shooted Image review via key
« Reply #1 on: 11 / April / 2008, 05:00:33 »
you could have bumped your old topic ( A720 last shooted Image review via key ).
Are you sure your left and right key are not used during record mode? on my cams (a620 & s3is) i use left and right keys for a lot of things - in record mode.
other than that, your desired feature needs a few code changes.
it can be done though, i imagine with a button-override for the playback/rec button. but i dont really see the advantage of this feature?

« Reply #2 on: 11 / April / 2008, 07:12:46 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:22:39 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #3 on: 11 / April / 2008, 11:04:43 »
Hi PhyrePhoX,

to answer you question:
Are you sure your left and right key are not used during record mode?[/color]

yes both keys are without any function in the recording mode (A720).

Hi Barney,

thank you for responding. It may not of interest of everyone, agreed. I personally like the one push key, because I use this function nearly on every second shoot. Often I forgot (or not fast enough)  to push the key in the setting time of 2 s automatically review. As written, the playback "shift gears" seems not a reliable mechanic solution to use for thousands of images to review after shooting.

Additionally you brought another idea into the nice-to-have discussion: define functions to buttons (e.g. a dedicated script starts on button "right").

gueloh