Adobe Lens Correction Profile for SX40HS and SX130IS - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum

Adobe Lens Correction Profile for SX40HS and SX130IS

• 3 Replies
Adobe Lens Correction Profile for SX40HS and SX130IS
« on: 30 / July / 2013, 05:03:02 »
Advertisements
Hi All,
I'd like to share my Adobe Lens Correction profiles made by me and used with raw files produced by SX40HS and SX130IS.

Both profiles were obtained according to the following rules:
   - Calibration chart on a tripod, aligned a spirit level.
   - Camera on a tripod, aligned with a spirit level.
   - Camera ISO set to 100.
   - Camera mode set to Av, aperture value set to a middle level of the range available on single camera.
   - Adobe Camera Calibration Chart version 9x13 (rows x columns), Square Print Dimension of 108 Points, Printed on a ISO A3 paper.
   - 9 raw shoots, that frame the chart respectively on center, left-centered, right-centered, top-centered, top-left, top-right, bottom-centered, bottom-left, bottom-right.
   - Shoots processed by Adobe Lens Profile Creator, last available version.

Enjoy it  :)
  Ciao
  Giovanni
"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either,
but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway." (Igor Sikorsky)

Re: Adobe Lens Correction Profile for SX40HS and SX130IS
« Reply #1 on: 30 / July / 2013, 05:11:04 »
I forgot to say that the zoom value was set to 50 mm EFL.
but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway." (Igor Sikorsky)

« Reply #2 on: 30 / July / 2013, 07:59:01 »
Sorry for the update, but the previous version still showed a distortion, especially on photos taken with a minimum focal length (eg. 30 mm EFL).
So I'd set up a new profile.

Same rules as above, only changes:
 - Adobe Camera Calibration Chart version 13x19 (rows x columns), Square Print Dimension of 72 Points, Printed on a ISO A3 paper.
 - Camera zoom value was set to 28 mm EFL (5.0 mm) on SX130IS, and to 24 mm EFL (4.3 mm) on SX40HS.

Ciao   :)
   Giovanni

Offline 1flounder1

• Canon SX130 IS
« Reply #3 on: 09 / October / 2016, 06:03:50 »
Hello Giovanni,

Just wanted to say thanks for this! I am using the lens correction profile V2 for my new SX130is. Saved me a lot of hassle.

I wonder, is there a way to automatically apply the profile to all raw photos, but apply the strength based on zoom? I noticed that the distortion in raw happens only at minimal zoom, progressively disappear with a little zoom, and zooming further on makes the raw file straight without need for correction. When I apply your profile to all files, it then distorts the zoomed ones. I just wonder if this would be technically possible, as otherwise I have to decide on when and how strong I have to use it, when in certain zoom range.

Thank you once again,
D