IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread - page 5 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread

• 110 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #40 on: 02 / March / 2014, 13:19:50 »
Advertisements
About nafraf's debug displays: it's possible that they do not show anything new, you don't need to watch them, unless you are asked to do so. You might be able to switch some of them off by unticking "miscellaneous stuff" -> "debug parameters" -> "show misc. values".
In previous version, gui_osd.c was modified to show debug misc values always.  :blink:
Code: [Select]
//     if (conf.debug_misc_vals_show) {
    if(1) {
A new version in attachment, where user can select if values are shown.
« Last Edit: 04 / March / 2014, 08:11:22 by nafraf »

« Reply #41 on: 02 / March / 2014, 16:28:39 »
C. PTP = Mall Function  / Can't connect to Computer via USB, ixus132 crash
After you crash the camera with this, switch it on again, and make a romlog: navigate to "miscellaneous stuff" -> "debug parameters" -> "save rom crash log" in the CHDK menu. After you have done this, get the file named "romlog.log" you find on the card and attach it here.
----------------------------------------------------------
sory i mean Not Responding, not crash.
<ALT> functions it not respons, i press anything, not respons, but LCD ixus132 off when i press ON/OFF button.

the first time, i think USB Cable broken, but after i unplug the memory card, "program image_Browser_Ex" from canon connect normally (under original canon firmware).

To test zebra: enable it, point the camera to something that will cause overexposure (light bulb for example) and press the shutter button halfway down. The overexposed region should blink. If what you see is different, take a picture from the LCD screen and attach it here.

About nafraf's debug displays: it's possible that they do not show anything new, you don't need to watch them, unless you are asked to do so. You might be able to switch some of them off by unticking "miscellaneous stuff" -> "debug parameters" -> "show misc. values".
zebra
if pointing something overexposure (halfway down), the light bulb shown RED blinking. (in the histogram box shown little dot at the right corner).

the dark side of the object, shown RED alots little dot blinking, (in the histogram box position at left side).
-
in play mode [after picture taken]; the overexposure / light bulb; blinking white-grey-white-grey...

If you can find a way to reproduce the E26 error you mentioned earlier, let us know. CHDK should not cause issues like that.
YES, i can reproduce the E26 ERROR, because i know: i did something stupid; because to sleepy last night / GMT+7 here :D

under the "Enhanced Photo Operations"; in "Ev Step Value" i wrong click the [DOT] beside colom 2048; that means "the shutter open for very long time...  :lol

i think that's from canon firmware original, because first time i know that E26 Error; with indonesian language (ixus132 first time setting: in indonesian language).

In previous version, gui_osd.c was modified to show debug misc values always.  :blink:
    if(1) {

@nafraf in the logo booting CHDK shown: 5 DAYS LEFT, what it means? only using for 5 DAYS?

ixus132_elph115-100b-1.3.0-3364-full.zip <= this for new test?

Thx.

NB:
1. Next report: MAX ISO = 6400
2. after trying few hours+Read CHDK http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_1.2.0_User_Manual#Enhanced_Photo_Operations : ixus132 can't using Av feature, because need an actual mechanism Av button, can you make CHDK new update like samsung NX2000? because NX2000 runing Av only in menu? am i wrong?

3. Next Report not normal: in Auto Mode, focus box overlap with CHDK Menu. (in P Menu perfect).
« Last Edit: 02 / March / 2014, 17:07:58 by irwanLaw.com »

Offline nafraf

« Reply #42 on: 02 / March / 2014, 17:13:51 »
@nafraf in the logo booting CHDK shown: 5 DAYS LEFT, what it means? only using for 5 DAYS?
After 5 days you will see a message on screen, the aim is to motivate users to post feedback and help with the development. :)

Is camera date set correctly? I build the test versions valid for 7 days.  Are you running CHDK from my last post?

« Reply #43 on: 02 / March / 2014, 17:41:01 »
After 5 days you will see a message on screen, the aim is to motivate users to post feedback and help with the development. :)

Is camera date set correctly? I build the test versions valid for 7 days.  Are you running CHDK from my last post?

i just finished runing the last ixus132_elph115-100b-1.3.0-3364-full.zip, after extract & test, first logo said 6 day left, of course, in here GMT+7 there is 7 hours early from GMT, that means 12hours early that USA, because indonesia in the east, now 03 March 2014, 05.42AM in ghe morning, that means i got to sleep, my eyes so sleepy right now.

Just finished test, new update, there is still overlaping focus box in Auto mode.

ixus132 still won't connect to computer via usb cable.

i didn't see the different, nothing changes  unless 5 days left back to 6 days left.

i think i will buy 2nd canon 550D because i want the Av menu that's not support in chdk+ixus132.

is already chdk for canon 550D?

Thx.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #44 on: 02 / March / 2014, 18:36:47 »
Won't connect, or crashes?

Do you have "usb remote" enabled in the menu? It should be off if you want to connect to a computer, on is for DIY shutter release.

CHDK only supports point and shoot cameras. For DSLRs, you can try magic lantern http://www.magiclantern.fm/
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #45 on: 03 / March / 2014, 20:33:47 »
Won't connect, or crashes?

Do you have "usb remote" enabled in the menu? It should be off if you want to connect to a computer, on is for DIY shutter release.

CHDK only supports point and shoot cameras. For DSLRs, you can try magic lantern http://www.magiclantern.fm/

owh Magic Lantern? thx reyalp.

in http://www.magiclantern.fm shown: 1100D = supported (i think i will buy new 110D; because same price with 2ND 550D in here; +/- IDR Rp4.000.000 ).

but in download only shown:

Stable Release: v2.3
Release Date: July 23, 2012

Cameras supported:

5D Mark ii 2.1.2
 50D 1.0.9
 60D 1.1.1
 500D 1.1.1
 550D 1.0.9
 600D 1.0.2

there is not include 1100D :(
==============================

Next report about ixus132 shutter release:

1. i found the problems, i test shutter battery with multi tester, the ALL voltages weaks only 3.1V.

2. i replace all 3 new battery, and it's works.

==============================

The NEXT PROBLEMO:

1. With onePush = HalfPress my LCD gone black.  FullPress = Picture taken fine.

2. Zoom mode (OnePush&TwoPush) = works, but i think i can't operating the shutter = zoom out - zoom in - zoom out  - zoom in = ixus132 crash (camera lens error, and shutdown by it self). ROMLOG.LOG in attachment

3. Video mode (OnePush&TwoPush) = not response (i think, thats no problemo, because i won't take video with shutter release, but direct with fingers only :D )

-
The other control mode: burst, normal, bracket, quick = works in TwoPush (HalfPress & full Press works)

With OnePush it's gonna make LCD black in halfPress (number 1 above).

« Last Edit: 03 / March / 2014, 20:56:42 by irwanLaw.com »

« Reply #46 on: 03 / March / 2014, 21:26:33 »
    if(1) {

=
LAST REPORT about yours shutter release cable actions script:
=

The PROBLEMO:

1. With onePush = HalfPress my LCD gone black.  FullPress = Picture taken fine.

2. Zoom mode (OnePush&TwoPush) = works.

but i think i can't operating the shutter

HalfPress (1) = do nothing

FullPress (1) = little zoom in
-
HalfPress again (2) = do nothing

FullPress again (2) = little zoom out
-
HalfPress (3) = do nothing

FullPress (3) = little zoom in
-
HalfPress again (4) = do nothing

FullPress again (4) = little zoom out
-
HalfPress (5) = do nothing

FullPress (5) = little zoom in
-
HalfPress again (6) = do nothing

FullPress again (6) = little zoom out
-
----------------------------
next test about zoom:
----------------------------
FullPress (1) = little zoom in & little zoom out

FullPress again (2) = little zoom in & directly little zoom out

FullPress again (3) = little zoom in & directly little zoom out

FullPress again (4) = little zoom in & directly little zoom out

Full Press again (5) = ixus132 CRASH; Shown warning "Camera Lens ERROR" and shutdown by it self.

it can't make action like; direct zoom with finger in ixus132 (can't make long zoom in & out)

NOTE: i can't remember how many times, i did fullPress until ixus132 crash (but i think about 5x or 6x full press)

ROMLOG.LOG in attachment
--------------------------------------------
3. Video mode (OnePush&TwoPush) = not response (i think, thats no problemo, because i won't take video with shutter release, but direct with fingers only :D )

-
The other control mode: burst, normal, bracket, quick = works in TwoPush (HalfPress & full Press works)

With OnePush it's gonna make LCD black in halfPress (number 1 above).
-

i think you can publish this version on the CHDK wiki Download pages

after you publish, i want to announce about ixus132+CHDK for ixus132 with indonesian FAQ language tutor step by step like we did in indonesia, on kaskus forum (www.kaskus.co.id). that's very famous forum in indonesia = 2.000.000 click for one day. i think that gonna make ixus132 best seller in indonesia :lol i hate samsung wb150f high price (wb150f is rival for ixus132 & ixus140).

because only one posting asking about CHDK tutor in indonesian language (without solutions):

http://archive.kaskus.co.id/thread/5716090/0

search engine google:

chdk site:kaskus.co.id (there is not exist indonesian FAQ language tutor)
-----------------------------------------------
Thx for your support for this ixus132. would you include my nickname for testing CHDK firmware ixus132 in your publish?  :D (just hope)

NB:
this day i want to try change my push button switch; with mouse button, for test again later.
« Last Edit: 03 / March / 2014, 22:05:05 by irwanLaw.com »

« Reply #47 on: 04 / March / 2014, 00:01:51 »
How are you doing a HalfPress and a FullPress with at single button USB remote?  Its either open or closed.

The only remote that supports half & full press is the Ricoh CA-1 AFAIK.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #48 on: 04 / March / 2014, 05:46:32 »
How are you doing a HalfPress and a FullPress with at single button USB remote?  Its either open or closed.

The only remote that supports half & full press is the Ricoh CA-1 AFAIK.

owh thx waterwingz, i didn't know that, i think there is same functions with this cable release home made :D
-
i mean:

with old ON/OFF button; with OnePress switch type:

A.
one Press (from OF to ON Position) = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus.

and if i press again (from ON position to OFF position) = ixus132 take the picture.
-
B.
with old ON/OFF button; with TwoPress switch type:

one Press (from OF to ON Position) = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus.

and if i press again (from ON position to OFF position) = ixus132 NOT take the picture, but back to normal view mode;
-
C.
with old ON/OFF button; with TwoPress switch type:

one Press (from OF to ON Position) = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus

and if i press again (from OFF position to ON position=2 times; OFF=>ON=>OFF, OFF=>ON=>OFF QUICKLY) = ixus132 take the picture.

===============================================================
New Report with new Cable Release (change ON/OFF button WITH push button type).
===============================================================
D. OnePress switch type:
one Press & Release = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus AND then ixus132 take the picture.

one Press & HOLD = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus AND then ixus132 take the picture.

-

E. TwoPress switch type:
E.1 one Press & Release = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus AND back to normal view.

E2. one Press & HOLD = ixus132 act like i press halfpress the camera without cable release; take focus AND
still in focus mode.

E3. if i did the E2 above and then i release = ixus132 back to normal view mode.

E4. if i did like E1 or E2 above and then Press again = ixus132 take the picture.

------------
MISSING:
------------
with cable USB plug in to ixus132:

the camera CAN'T zoom in or zoom out.

-
Thx.
« Last Edit: 04 / March / 2014, 06:45:56 by irwanLaw.com »

Offline nafraf

« Reply #49 on: 04 / March / 2014, 08:25:37 »
@irwanLaw.com
To take a photo using TwoPush mode,  time between pulses should be less than 0.5s.
Detailed documentation of USB remote commands is here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/USB_Remote