Allbest Autobuild Suggestion - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Allbest Autobuild Suggestion

• 15 Replies

Offline mx3

Re: Allbest Autobuild Suggestion
« Reply #10 on: 14 / April / 2008, 08:16:37 »
Advertisements
and include up-to-date popular scripts
extend build steps to include into zip file script files
skype: max_dtc. ICQ: 125985663, email: win.drivers(at)gmail, eVB decompiler

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #11 on: 14 / April / 2008, 12:37:13 »
RAR files allow for a checksum and even embedding a recovery record to restore/repair corrupted downloads. Maybe switch from zip to rar format. WinRAR also has a built-in integrity test mode. Not to mention much better compression routines than Zip ever had.

Zip also has CRC and allows to test archive. And zip is more convenient because WinXP understands it without installing third-party programs.

BTW. I failed to remember any case when a file, which I downloaded, was corrupted (even on dial-up connection). How they manage to be so "lucky" to get the file broken after download?  :blink:
« Last Edit: 14 / April / 2008, 12:43:35 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #12 on: 14 / April / 2008, 12:47:44 »
we also could include the lng files, if present in wiki (in a recent version). that will help the newbies even more.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #13 on: 14 / April / 2008, 12:54:39 »
BTW. I failed to remember any case when a file, which I downloaded, was corrupted (even on dial-up connection). How they manage to be so "lucky" to get the file broken after download?  :blink:

For example, here is link: http://ewavr.nm.ru/chdk/udumper.zip
Maybe, someone select in link's local menu "Save link as" and change extension from 'htm' to 'zip'.

« Reply #14 on: 14 / April / 2008, 13:00:29 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:35:00 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #15 on: 19 / April / 2008, 21:31:20 »

Sounds like a good idea. Looking forward to seeing how your Wikia section for that turns out. If you want it, YOU do it. That's how the Wikia works.
::)
« Last Edit: 19 / April / 2008, 21:33:14 by Sterling »
You smite like a girl!