Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5 - page 16 - LUA Scripting - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5

• 166 Replies

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
Re: Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5
« Reply #150 on: 05 / May / 2018, 02:13:09 »
Advertisements
ok, regarding the video Charlestown -  I filmed from about 19:00 to 22:00
evening to night - what colour balance should I set the camera to
my choices are AWB, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, etc.. or Custom?

Does anyone know any canon cameras, small, that are able to produce 4K timelapse and chdk ? Is the Canon mirrorless M3 able to do this, I think that has CHDK but I am unsure what the definition of 4K timelapse ?

To take the best timelapse videos I can with only inexpensive equipment. Ixus 70

Offline c_joerg

« Reply #151 on: 05 / May / 2018, 02:36:44 »
what colour balance should I set the camera tomy choices are AWB, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, etc.. or Custom?
LRTimelapse suggests taking cloudy, but is not ideal for the night…

Does anyone know any canon cameras, small, that are able to produce 4K timelapse and chdk ? Is the Canon mirrorless M3 able to do this, I think that has CHDK but I am unsure what the definition of 4K timelapse ?
4K is 4096 × 2160 or 4K UHD is 3840 × 2160 …
So 4K UHD time-lapse can thus be done by most CHDK cameras.
M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Offline reyalp

« Reply #152 on: 05 / May / 2018, 16:26:38 »
LRTimelapse suggests taking cloudy, but is not ideal for the night…
FWIW, the "my colors" setting on most Canon P&S can also be used to fine tune the jpeg colors. "Neutral" gives flatter colors than default processing, "Vivid" more saturated, and custom lets you adjust. If you are adjusting jpegs in post, neutral might reduce the risk of colors being blown out.

These values, including the custom settings can be adjusted by propcase, which might be useful for a script that wanted to adjust in realtime. I don't know what kind of logic you'd use to decide, and I haven't tried changing them in continuous or half shoot.

I believe EOS M camera have similar settings under different names.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
« Reply #153 on: 07 / May / 2018, 19:18:42 »
Here is a 9 hour timelapse - best part is the last 20 seconds.

Photographed from 21:00 hours to 06:00 hours.

Not a valid vimeo URLtm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=29220
To take the best timelapse videos I can with only inexpensive equipment. Ixus 70

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
« Reply #154 on: 12 / May / 2018, 16:18:07 »
1/
Is there a smart way to start this script without the flash coming on?

I find I have started many times while shooting only to find the flash starting to fire.

2/
Or better still is there a way to add a new yass control to disable the flash with all the other settings. That would be on my wish list.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #155 on: 12 / May / 2018, 17:01:08 »
Or better still is there a way to add a new yass control to disable the flash with all the other settings. That would be on my wish list.
It looks like YASS tries to disable the flash already.

What shooting mode do you use? It's possible AUTO doesn't allow disabling the flash. In that case, you could set the camera to P mode instead.

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
« Reply #156 on: 12 / May / 2018, 17:32:20 »
I only have auto or manual mode - if that is the case it would be good to lock Manual mode into the yass script ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #157 on: 12 / May / 2018, 18:11:55 »
I only have auto or manual mode - if that is the case it would be good to lock Manual mode into the yass script ?
I believe "Manual" on this camera is equivalent to what is called "P" (program AE) on other cameras

YASS does not set a particular shooting mode.

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
« Reply #158 on: 12 / May / 2018, 18:57:36 »
ok, what is the best way to set/lock  the camera with M/P , before starting the CHDK script in the camera or after the CHDK script is already activated?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #159 on: 12 / May / 2018, 20:11:15 »
Looking at the script more, it appears that it tries to disable the flash before switching to shooting mode. I think this is a more likely explanation than my earlier guess about AUTO mode.

I attached an updated version that moves the flash setting after the rec switch.

note for @waterwingz : This script also tries to set IS mode, which will have the same kind of problems on newer cameras that mdfb did.