Scripting Parameters - Built-in "Shoot" command. - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum  

Scripting Parameters - Built-in "Shoot" command.

• 3 Replies
Scripting Parameters - Built-in "Shoot" command.
« on: 12 / April / 2008, 18:27:53 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:32:05 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Scripting Parameters - Built-in "Shoot" command.
« Reply #1 on: 13 / April / 2008, 06:37:45 »
This would indeed be a great thing to have.

I'm not sure if scripting parameters is the perfect place for this option (it's getting a bit cluttered IMO; I've been thinking scripts could have their own menu system entirely with scrits being able to create submenus or an "advanced options" tab... but I suppose we have a lot of other more important things that need working on than minor usability improvements)

Maybe also an optional OSD icon to indicate that remote shutter is enabled would be useful, since this feature probably disables all other use of the USB port and it may be a bit hard to figure out or remember why (if you're in play mode trying to download pictures, not much may happen from the shoot command).

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #2 on: 13 / April / 2008, 08:04:45 »
I initially used this as I thought it was supposed to be the default behaviour. The change is small but a menu entry needs to be made for it and it's got to be implemented somewhere. I'll see if I can fit it in somewhere today but I'd have to think about the implementation a bit, because I'm also considering adding another feature (release shoot_full without releasing shoot_half... as in, in the same tick) which might have to be added there as well.

And indeed, I'd have to find a proper location for it, without making it non-intuitive.

« Reply #3 on: 13 / April / 2008, 08:05:21 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:32:29 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye