InitializeSoundRec, FreeBufferForSoundRec, StartSoundRecord - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

InitializeSoundRec, FreeBufferForSoundRec, StartSoundRecord

• 5 Replies

Offline dvip

InitializeSoundRec, FreeBufferForSoundRec, StartSoundRecord
« on: 14 / August / 2013, 20:37:21 »
Advertisements
InitializeSoundRec, FreeBufferForSoundRec, StartSoundRecord:
Could they be used just to create/record a sound (wav) file from a lua script?
Sometimes I do this with a small-low-res movie from chdk's menu, if I need to record voice...
But if those can create a wav/sound file from a lua script that would be cool.

Offline reyalp

Re: InitializeSoundRec, FreeBufferForSoundRec, StartSoundRecord
« Reply #1 on: 14 / August / 2013, 22:46:57 »
This was discussed somewhat in the canon basic defcon presentation docs
http://corelabs.coresecurity.com/index.php?module=Wiki&action=attachment&type=publication&page=Exploiting_Digital_Cameras&file=Exploiting_Digital_Cameras_IOBasic_-_BONUS.pdf

See the "Examples section". If someone wants to work out the details, stand alone sound recording from script or chdk menus would be a great feature. Could presumably also do sound triggering like MD.

Note that the Factory mode event procedures should be treated with caution: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4417.msg45029#msg45029
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline dvip

« Reply #2 on: 15 / August / 2013, 00:27:52 »
Your super A540 is dead?
I don't want to brick my beautiful A590IS :)
This summer the lens wouldn't come out (lens error)  and I was able to fix it, zoom arthritis?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 15 / August / 2013, 00:59:06 »
Your super A540 is dead?
No, that's an old thread, if you read through, it was recovered and never actually dead. But it's not obvious how to do it, and some of the other factory mode functions change adjustment tables stored in ROM, so it's possible you could do things that hurt image quality.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline udo

« Reply #4 on: 21 / August / 2013, 11:37:18 »
I am very interested in an audio recorer function as the SX260HS lacks a recorder in the Canon firmware.
So where do I find code to test?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #5 on: 21 / August / 2013, 11:52:00 »
So where do I find code to test?
You won't find any.
The event procedures mentioned in the title are meant to be used for basic testing and not suitable for regular use. Sound quality is 11kHz/8bit/mono, memory is allocated from the regular AllocateMemory heap, header (like WAV) is not generated, saving to file is not implemented.
They might help the implementation of a real sound recorder, but that needs somebody who's interested and has the necessary reverse engineering and programming skills.