Signature verification prior to startup - page 7 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Signature verification prior to startup

• 83 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Signature verification prior to startup
« Reply #60 on: 11 / December / 2015, 00:30:17 »
Advertisements
Next try.

LED related definitions moved from camera_list.csv to individual platform/(cam)/makefile.inc files, camera_list.csv is now untouched. I have also added a build action to the main makefile to invoke the script from there (this still has to be done manually).
As noted above, I actually tried both the script and a batch build on Windows (Cygwin, because that's what I have currently installed there).
Works in my mingw environment.

I'm OK with this going in the trunk as it is, if no one else has objections.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #61 on: 11 / December / 2015, 19:35:56 »
Would it be OK to do this in a single commit, or should I break it up somehow? Even if I break it up (say, platform and loader changes in separate commits), it will probably still overwhelm the assembla web viewer.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #62 on: 11 / December / 2015, 20:48:50 »
Would it be OK to do this in a single commit, or should I break it up somehow? Even if I break it up (say, platform and loader changes in separate commits), it will probably still overwhelm the assembla web viewer.
I don't see any need to break it up. I wouldn't worry about what it does to assembla's web viewer.

The main case I would consider breaking up commits is when you are updating stubs, so you can just re-generate in  the new tree after the merge, rather than trying to mere a boatload of potentially conflicting stubs files.

Thanks for pushing this project through :)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #63 on: 12 / December / 2015, 18:25:02 »
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdk/subversion/commits/4310

Looks like something's not quite right - at least on the autobuild server. Tried 2 builds from the autobuild and neither one is booting. It's probably a bin_compat.h problem, because I get blinking. Trying to find the cause...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #64 on: 12 / December / 2015, 18:47:00 »
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdk/subversion/commits/4310

Looks like something's not quite right - at least on the autobuild server. Tried 2 builds from the autobuild and neither one is booting. It's probably a bin_compat.h problem, because I get blinking. Trying to find the cause...
This is why we have trunk :)
I get same thing, autobuild D10 build blinks, local build of trunk 4310 works

If you want to prevent people from downloading, you can check in a change that makes a compile error.

edit:
The chdkde build seems to work  :-[

« Last Edit: 12 / December / 2015, 18:49:33 by reyalp »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #65 on: 12 / December / 2015, 19:03:12 »
If you want to prevent people from downloading, you can check in a change that makes a compile error.
As last resort, maybe.
Looking at the autobuild's s80 diskboot file, blob_chdk_core seems unaligned (0x1c7f), it's normal (0x1c80) in my build. Obviously, the pid_leds data is OK, since there's blinking and the compat check has obviously failed. The included core is unaligned.

edit:
Could be the linker script?

edit2:
It is bin_compat.h related, the extraction of the version string is not correct - yet another incompatibility.
The problem is: this makes the version string 7 bytes long, including the terminating 0. Things like that should not really affect alignment...
« Last Edit: 12 / December / 2015, 19:17:27 by srsa_4c »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #66 on: 12 / December / 2015, 19:27:25 »
Looking at the autobuild's s80 diskboot file, blob_chdk_core seems unaligned (0x1c7f), it's normal (0x1c80) in my build. Obviously, the pid_leds data is OK, since there's blinking and the compat check has obviously failed. The included core is unaligned.
FWIW, the toolchain used is https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+download  gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q3-20150921-linux.tar.bz2

edit:
Testing my approximate copy of the autobuild env.
« Last Edit: 12 / December / 2015, 19:33:19 by reyalp »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #67 on: 12 / December / 2015, 19:41:49 »
Build using the  autobuild script + same toolchain (different distro) works  :-[

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #68 on: 12 / December / 2015, 19:44:56 »
FWIW, the toolchain used is https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+download  gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q3-20150921-linux.tar.bz2

edit:
Testing my approximate copy of the autobuild env.
Thanks. The problem seems to be with awk; it affects the first GM string in platform/makefile_sub.inc .
Needless to say, both gawk and mawk worked fine on my system.

In changeset 4311, I fixed a bug (wrong usage of awk's substr), let's see if that fixes the issue...

The alignment issue will still need fixing (even if it's not triggered normally).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #69 on: 12 / December / 2015, 20:04:51 »
In changeset 4311, I fixed a bug (wrong usage of awk's substr), let's see if that fixes the issue...
http://www.mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/ 4311 boots OK for me on d10 and a540.