I guess it's clear that there is little support for disabling the <ALT> key while a script is running.
I think the current mostly unspecified behavior is not useful. I'm not sure yet what the specified behavior should be. Some options:
- define the current behavior as the specified behavior
- pause the script
- ignored, key just goes to script
- bring up a menu, as described earlier
- abort the script (makes accidental presses worse, but frees up shutter)
- script controllable, from some mix of the above. With #3, you could implement most of the other options, but that would make ignoring it the default
- user configurable
Pretty much any of these except #1 is a change to the existing behavior, so we should think about what we want.
That being the case, I wonder what people think about keyboard handling when a script is running outside of <ALT> mode?
Working on something today, I realized that when I accidentally exited <ALT> with a script running, both the Canon firmware and my script were receiving the same key presses.
Yes. I don't think this isn't particularly desirable. If you could choose which keys passed through, that would be a different story. The other effect of this is that the script can't send key presses, though you could post levents instead...