set a specific focal length at turn-on - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

set a specific focal length at turn-on

• 3 Replies
set a specific focal length at turn-on
« on: 27 / August / 2013, 09:53:36 »
Advertisements
hi,
i've been using chdk in the canon powershot sx240hs since the first day i've got it, but i need to set the camera to go to 35mm focal length (equivalent) on turn on.

also, can the alt key be remapped on some other button, like REC or MENU? my family often uses the camera and they always have trouble review-ing the photos, getting into alt mode instead.
 thanks

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: set a specific focal length at turn-on
« Reply #1 on: 27 / August / 2013, 10:52:18 »
, but i need to set the camera to go to 35mm focal length (equivalent) on turn on.
You can use an auto start script. Activate the auto start function in the script menu.

There are some examples for auto start scripts in the forum.

also, can the alt key be remapped on some other button, like REC or MENU? my family often uses the camera and they always have trouble review-ing the photos, getting into alt mode instead.
CHDK Settings => <ALT> Mode Button
You can choose the video, playback or display button as ALT mode button.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_1.2.0_User_Manual

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #2 on: 27 / August / 2013, 13:45:36 »
i'll take a look on the scripts, maybe i'll figure it out how to configure it.
about the alt button, i don't have that option in the menu. maybe it came in one of the later versions?

« Reply #3 on: 27 / August / 2013, 13:50:49 »

about the alt button, i don't have that option in the menu. maybe it came in one of the later versions?
The feature is enable for the current sx240 build.  If your version of CHDK is older, it might not have that feature.  You might want to update to the current release.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16