A2500 porting thread - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

A2500 porting thread

• 157 Replies
Re: A2500 porting thread
« Reply #50 on: 28 / November / 2013, 10:27:41 »
Advertisements
Any hints or links where to find actual builds?
Typically,  if you agree to be part of the test team and report results via a real email account, you will find that  nafraf  is very good about working with currently unsupported camera builds. 

I can't speak for him but if you send him a PM with your real email and agree to report results, he will likely send you a build from here : http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/nafraf/chdk/platform/a2500/ .
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #51 on: 28 / November / 2013, 18:18:50 »
@waterwingz: I definitely agree.
@nafraf: thanks for your quick response and hints. I easily got it run. It complainlessly autoexecutes one of my old uBasic scripts doing some zoom stacking using fixed focus, fixed time and calculated iso values for constant exposure. 

The only issue I've found so far is a crash on the 'playsound' command.

Here an excerpt of the script
Code: [Select]

set_zoom m
  set_focus f
  set_tv96_direct d
  set_iso_real n
  press "shoot_half"
  sleep 1500
  print "Init ready"

while 1
  print "Zoom ", m
 wait_click
  click "shoot_full_only"
  p = p+1
  print "ImgNo: ", p
  sleep 100
  if m < 61 then
    release "shoot_half"
    sleep 2000
    n = 12*g
    g = g * 2
    m = m+5 
    set_zoom m
    set_focus f
    set_tv96_direct d
    set_iso_real n
    press "shoot_half"
wend

Offline nafraf

« Reply #52 on: 28 / November / 2013, 20:37:42 »
The only issue I've found so far is a crash on the 'playsound' command.
Thanks.
srsa_4c found that bug and discovered the right address for PT_PlaySound firmware function. I'll send you a new version.

coruele

« Reply #53 on: 29 / November / 2013, 06:10:28 »
Reporting build 3250 28/11/2013

srsa_4c found that bug and discovered the right address for PT_PlaySound firmware function. I'll send you a new version.

now the startup sound option works.

I can start up the camera with a long press of power button, but for me it hangs up in this cases:

1) starting camera with play button (don't cares if short or long press)

2) starting camera with power button with a short press

3) if i take a shot and the option "view image after the shot" is active in CANON original firmware the camera hangs up after the shot. If i unset that option the camera didn't hangs up, and return correctly in rec mode.

to go in PLAY mode i've to:
-start camera with power button (long press);
-press play button (long press), ad the camera hangs up;
-wait a few seconds and press play button (don't cares if short or long press);

once i am in PLAY mode, no more problems switching from REC mode to PLAY mode (until i power off the camera).

coruele

« Reply #54 on: 29 / November / 2013, 08:35:48 »
i have attached the romlog, obtained when the camera is in PLAY mode after a crash.

« Reply #55 on: 29 / November / 2013, 13:11:14 »
I'll send you a new version.

well done. 'playsound' works now as expected.

Although I could provoke some crashes with scripts, they didn't occur in a reproducable way. Maybe they were due to 'sleep' commands being to short. Since I had this kind of crashes many times with A2300 and and A2400IS models using CHDK 1.2.0.3037 and 1.2.0.3244 respectively I wouldn't blame this build for it.

Then I tried to confirm corueles observations concerning the starting behaviour. Having switched off script autostart this is my observations:
  • press short 'power on' - cam starts in play mode. no problems
  • press long 'power on' - cam starts in record mode. no problems
  • press short 'play' - cam starts in play mode. no problems
  • press long 'play' - cam starts and crashes. As I find this behaviour also with my A2400 I also wouldn't blame this build for it.
  • I use 2. to start in record mode. When I try to switch to play mode, I get a non recoverable crash (LED is on) forcing a battery disconnect. This happens also (but not always) when I use "if not get_mode then  set_record 0" in a script. With A2400IS I successfully switch to play mode either with this script command or when not under script control in pressing the 'play' button long (1 sec). 

« Reply #56 on: 29 / November / 2013, 13:31:40 »
  • press long 'play' - cam starts and crashes. As I find this behaviour also with my A2400 I also wouldn't blame this build for it.
I'm pretty sure this is not a "crash".   All my cameras do it too.

When you hold the 'play' button down for the 'long' interval,  it tells CHDK to invoke the original purpose of the button.  And guess what?  When the camera is On and in Playback mode, then pressing the playback button will turn off the camera.   Try it without CHDK loaded and observe the original camera behavior.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

coruele

« Reply #57 on: 29 / November / 2013, 13:54:20 »
i also tried to factory reset the canon original firmware to verify that there aren't some "wrong" settings, but the behaviour for me is the same.

« Reply #58 on: 29 / November / 2013, 18:37:30 »
@waterwingz: You are right: observation 4. is more a feature than a bug.

best
PeterT

coruele

« Reply #59 on: 02 / December / 2013, 05:06:35 »
i test chdk changing sd card (i'm using an old 256Mb SD in place of a 4GB SDHC ) and magically :

1) starting camera with play button

2) starting camera with power button with a short press

works also for me. I don't know why, i've formatted both cards with Licks software under linux.