how shoot drops and waterfall - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

how shoot drops and waterfall

• 5 Replies
« on: 31 / March / 2016, 12:59:46 »
Advertisements
hello
i want shoot from drop of water and blurred waterfall ,
please guide step by step
thanks alot
my camera is ixus 240 a102
chdk 1.41

« Reply #1 on: 31 / March / 2016, 13:11:38 »
hello[/size]i want shoot from drop of water and blurred waterfall ,please guide step by step or if i must use script,thanks alot my camera is ixus 240 a102 chdk 1.41[/color]

Re: how shoot drops and waterfall
« Reply #2 on: 31 / March / 2016, 13:18:50 »
Please don't post the same request multiple times.  The people who can help you follow all posts and you will annoy them repeating the same request.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Re: IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread
« Reply #3 on: 31 / March / 2016, 13:25:06 »
If I understand your request correctly, you should use the fastest shutter speed you can.  The CHDKplus.lua script will let you do this and will adjust the other exposure settings as required.  The ixus240 does not have an adjustable aperture so getting the background to be out of focus is easiest by zooming in on your subject (drops of water) while holding the camera quite close to the subject.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 31 / March / 2016, 14:29:23 »
If I understand your request correctly, you should use the fastest shutter speed you can.  The CHDKplus.lua script will let you do this and will adjust the other exposure settings as required.  The ixus240 does not have an adjustable aperture so getting the background to be out of focus is easiest by zooming in on your subject (drops of water) while holding the camera quite close to the subject.

thanks for help
how can i take picture from waterfall?
i want soft and blurred water of waterfall

Online reyalp

« Reply #5 on: 31 / March / 2016, 15:44:49 »
how can i take picture from waterfall?
i want soft and blurred water of waterfall
What you are looking for is long exposure. The longest exposure you can use without over exposing the image is determined by the the amount of light and the limits of your camera.

Since your camera does not have an adjustable aperture, you can only use ISO (lowest value) ND filter (in) and zoom (longer zoom decreases the effective aperture)

Whether you can get a nicely blurred waterfall with these settings depends on the lighting. In direct sun, you might not. In twilight, you might not need to adjust any settings.

You can also get a similar affect by blending multiple exposures.

CHDK gives you some extra controls, but the principles are just basic photography. Googling some introductory tutorials might be helpful.

edit:
split this out of the porting thread and merged it with the other one because it really has nothing to do with specific camera.
« Last Edit: 31 / March / 2016, 15:47:09 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.