10-minute HD video limit - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

10-minute HD video limit

• 3 Replies
10-minute HD video limit
« on: 07 / October / 2013, 23:00:28 »
Advertisements
I purchased several 32GB SDHC cards intending to video an event on October 11 using a Powershot Elph 100 HS and a 300 HS. I was expecting about 2 hours of video per card. While attempting to test battery life today using the Elph 100 HS, I ran into an unexpected snag. Apparently, the HD video system stops recording just before the 10-minute mark. This is no good as the cameras need to run unattended for the duration of the performance. The closest thing I could find that may address the issue is at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Continuous_Video_Scripts, which at first glace seems a bit complicated. I'd like to make sure I'm not missing anything more straightforward. Any other ideas for a total newbie (to CHDK) who has created a bit of a crisis by waiting until the last minute? Thanks in advance.

Re: 10-minute HD video limit
« Reply #1 on: 07 / October / 2013, 23:18:57 »
There are currently only eight Canon camera models with ports of CHDK that have extra code to override the video time limit.  These include the ixus230,  ixus240, a1200, sx220, sx230, sx240, sx250,  and the sx50.  Unfortunately, none of these are your camera.

Unless somebody volunteers to dig into the code for your cameras and make the necessary changes (and find someone to test them) then the script you found is pretty much as good as it gets.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline nafraf

« Reply #2 on: 08 / October / 2013, 09:55:51 »
@csb2b
If you are willing to test and give feedback,  I can try to add the code to override the video time limit.  Please post the firmware version of your camera.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #3 on: 08 / October / 2013, 14:24:42 »
I'd like to note that the maximum file size is still less than 4GB, so that script will still be needed when recording in HD.