CHDK AstroKam Support - page 2 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK AstroKam Support

• 90 Replies

Offline Davo

Re: CHDK AstroKam Support
« Reply #10 on: 29 / October / 2013, 18:54:23 »
Advertisements
Good spot. I have altered the text to show that a telescope is an optional extra.

Offline Davo

« Reply #11 on: 08 / November / 2013, 10:33:30 »
A couple more shots I took on bonfire night with my A810 (no scope). The big one shows the lower half of Orion with the M42 nebula. You can also see hints of the Flame nebula around Altinak (leftmost of the 3 belt stars).

The small foto is my first shot of comet ISON which may be very big later in November.

All processed in Deep Sky Stacker and then Star Tools.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #12 on: 11 / November / 2013, 12:00:42 »
Your image of comet Ison after a bit of work  looks pretty good.

Offline Davo

« Reply #13 on: 11 / November / 2013, 14:37:05 »
Very big improvement - what did you use to achieve that?

I think you asked a while ago about deep sky digiscoping shots and I finally managed one of M37 which is here

http://starrydave.com/?p=212

I am still getting used to the techniques and software but I think it is pretty fair for the cheapest Canon.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #14 on: 11 / November / 2013, 16:34:22 »
Very big improvement - what did you use to achieve that?
You must first adjust histogram, especially red channel, all images are shifted toward the red channel.
After that you must align the RGB channels, you can do it very easily with the Iris program.
Iris is a very powerful tool, but difficult to use.
Iris is a free software and can be downloaded here.
Move the camera lens right up to the eyepiece to avoid bright circle on the image.

Offline Davo

« Reply #15 on: 13 / November / 2013, 12:53:51 »
Here is an interesting AstroKam time lapse video showing 2 hours of Messier 42 taken with my A810.

Not a valid vimeo URL
I have still to process all the images into a final image.

Offline Davo

« Reply #16 on: 13 / November / 2013, 14:14:30 »
And here is the final image from the video above. AstroStack v3 (not yet released) has a Sort module that lets me quickly pick the best captures for stacking in DeepSkyStacker. The stacked image is then processed in Star Tools to bring out the details and colors. Pretty good for a £50 camera thanks to CHDK.  :)

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #17 on: 14 / November / 2013, 04:37:06 »
Davo, could you please put this image in the Star tools, to see what will do.

Offline Davo

« Reply #18 on: 14 / November / 2013, 08:23:06 »
Davo, could you please put this image in the Star tools, to see what will do.

Star Tools doesn't work with jpegs - you need to use the original stacked file (tif or fits). Star Tools has a free evaluation version that you could try your image on. It took me a while to figure out the workflow but I am now very comfortable with using it. Let me know if you need any help.

« Reply #19 on: 15 / November / 2013, 23:47:56 »
Hi I installed everything but I'm not quite sure how to use LibUsbDotNet, When I open Astrokam, I can see the images in my camera, the OSD but I can't use a LiveView, what am I missing? Regards and congratulations for this amazing program.

Update: My bad, I'm not sure about it, but it seems I only have to change to the record mode and not the playback. That or maybe when I reinstall the libusbdotnet driver the problem fix itself.... maybe I'll never know.
« Last Edit: 16 / November / 2013, 00:46:25 by Adnisais »