rawopint.lua: Fast, accurate intervalometer with raw exposure metering

• 82 Replies

Offline Mlapse

• A480 A490 S95
Re: rawopint.lua: Fast, accurate intervalometer with raw exposure metering
« Reply #80 on: 23 / September / 2018, 02:40:58 »
Advertisements
I was just wondering why there was this exposure difference from first shot, and if you use a standard frame that would probably increase.

I have no use for adittions, keep it as is.
but like you wrote, when you start at night it might take a few shots before the script has settled.
« Last Edit: 23 / September / 2018, 03:16:48 by Mlapse »

« Reply #81 on: 23 / September / 2018, 05:31:09 »
I was just wondering why there was this exposure difference from first shot, and if you use a standard frame that would probably increase.
This happens, for example, when starting the script in AV mode at night. The longest exposure time is then through the Canon firmware 1s. If the longest exposure time in the script is 4s, then it takes just a while increase to 4s. You can work around this by starting the script in M with 4s.

Greater differences after the first shots are also there when the over and underexposure controls take care.

Offline Mlapse

• A480 A490 S95
« Reply #82 on: 23 / September / 2018, 05:49:03 »
Greater differences after the first shots are also there when the over and underexposure controls take care.

And that is probably what i noticed, my first shot at night was seriously overexposed (according to the log iso400/1sec/f3 and that can't be correct), consecutive shots were timed 1.3sec (same iso/f) and higher, but were not overexposed and still very crisp.
« Last Edit: 23 / September / 2018, 05:51:18 by Mlapse »