KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 11 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #100 on: 18 / February / 2014, 21:39:19 »
Advertisements
can your script be altered to include  video recording  so that stills and video can be taken on the same flight ?
Its just a script and as such always possible to modify.  How would you see this working?  Take a short video every so many seconds with video duration and interval user defined? Or trigger video mode via the USB remote input?  Or both, I guess.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #101 on: 19 / February / 2014, 03:44:35 »
you hit the nail right on the head .... now since i do not know how to write code
what will it take to bribe a fine upstanding techno superior being like yourself
waterwingz to alter your KAP script i am sure all the high altitude balloon people will love the alteration too. 

« Reply #102 on: 19 / February / 2014, 05:39:11 »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: 19 / February / 2014, 10:13:24 by Microfunguy »

Offline Wreck

« Reply #103 on: 26 / February / 2014, 00:16:44 »
Is anyone using a canon s100/110?

Does it have an adjustable iris and nd filter? Can't seem to find any info around on this.

I've done a couple of test runs so far with 1/1250 shutter with AVmode set to none, but I'm getting a lot of overexposed and blurry images.

Also what's the best focus at infinity mode to use with this camera? I'm currently using AFL and it seems to show focus set to infinity in the kap.log. 'aflock' didn't seem to work.

« Reply #104 on: 26 / February / 2014, 00:25:18 »
Does it have an adjustable iris and nd filter? Can't seem to find any info around on this.
I've done a couple of test runs so far with 1/1250 shutter with AVmode set to none, but I'm getting a lot of overexposed and blurry images.
They have both.   The next release of the script will force the ND filter off if the user does not select a mode that allows it.  Apparently several people have set the AVmode to no ND filter on cameras that actually have one,  and that can throw things off.  So will setting AVmode to none when your camera has an adjustable iris and an ND filter.

Also what's the best focus at infinity mode to use with this camera? I'm currently using AFL and it seems to show focus set to infinity in the kap.log. 'aflock' didn't seem to work.
While we continue to sort the whole SD override thing out, if you have something that works,  use it.   We are getting really close now.

Offline Wreck

« Reply #105 on: 26 / February / 2014, 03:14:36 »
Thanks for that. I'll give it a run tomorrow with avmode set to both.

Offline Wreck

« Reply #106 on: 09 / March / 2014, 23:02:23 »
Is there a way to keep the HDMI port active while the script is running? It works until the script starts, then it seems to stop outputting to the HDMI port.

« Reply #107 on: 10 / March / 2014, 00:08:12 »
Is there a way to keep the HDMI port active while the script is running? It works until the script starts, then it seems to stop outputting to the HDMI port.
Most of  my cameras have an HDMI port so I've never tried to use it.   Does it stop outputting to the HDMI port when you run any script or just with the kap_uav.lua script?

Offline Wreck

« Reply #108 on: 10 / March / 2014, 01:24:05 »
Most of  my cameras have an HDMI port so I've never tried to use it.   Does it stop outputting to the HDMI port when you run any script or just with the kap_uav.lua script?

Yeah it stops outputting the HDMI signal with other scripts too. I just wondered if you knew a way around it?

I've ordered a few 11 pin micro USB plugs to try hacking into a cable so that I can get the analog video out through there, but they're still somewhere in the postal system. Thought if I didn't need to trigger via USB that I could at least get the HDMI live view so that I could frame shots and run it on an intervalometer, but maybe not :/

Offline reyalp

« Reply #109 on: 10 / March / 2014, 02:28:38 »
Most (if not all) cameras are incapable of outputting HDMI while in shooting mode.

Does it work if you switch the camera to shooting mode without the script?
Don't forget what the H stands for.