KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 12 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies

Offline Wreck

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #110 on: 10 / March / 2014, 05:53:38 »
Advertisements
Most (if not all) cameras are incapable of outputting HDMI while in shooting mode.

Does it work if you switch the camera to shooting mode without the script?

No, switching to shooting mode without the script also stops the HDMI output. I guess I just got used to the luxury of live HDMI output from my nex5 and figured other cameras must do it.

The 11 pin mini usb plug will have to be the thing to use then.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #111 on: 10 / March / 2014, 13:09:14 »
The 11 pin mini usb plug will have to be the thing to use then.
I'm not clear which camera you are using, but it's not necessarily safe to assume it will support video out in shooting mode using the analog out either. The Canon manual should tell you if it does, see discussion in http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11290.10

From the Canon manuals, it looks like the S100 and s110 do support analog video out in shooting mode.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #112 on: 14 / March / 2014, 10:04:19 »
Hi waterwingz,
Can the interval part of the script be bypassed and the camera be triggered through the USB with a CHDK cable instead?

« Reply #113 on: 14 / March / 2014, 22:39:19 »
Oops  :-[ should have read the wiki a little closer. This is stated under features:
shooting enable / disable via USB remote signal

« Reply #114 on: 14 / March / 2014, 23:24:05 »
Hi waterwingz,
Can the interval part of the script be bypassed and the camera be triggered through the USB with a CHDK cable instead?
Oops  :-[ should have read the wiki a little closer. This is stated under features:
shooting enable / disable via USB remote signal
The feature enables/disables interval shooting.  So when USB remote is active, the script shoots at whatever rate you have specified in the script parameters.  Probably fine for most applications but it does not give you one shot per USB activation if that's what you were looking for.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #115 on: 16 / March / 2014, 19:02:16 »
Here's a link to a tutorial that shows how to use a flight controller to trigger a camera running CHDK based on distance intervals as the vehicle travels.

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm-to-chdk-camera-link-tutorial

Would your script work with something like this?

« Reply #116 on: 16 / March / 2014, 19:30:23 »
Here's a link to a tutorial that shows how to use a flight controller to trigger a camera running CHDK based on distance intervals as the vehicle travels.

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm-to-chdk-camera-link-tutorial

Would your script work with something like this?
Wow,  that page and all the ones it links to are a whole new world.  Lots of CHDK references there too - nice to see.

It would be a small change to make kap_uav.lua work with the Ardupilot.  If you are interested and have the actual hardware to do some testing then let me know?

« Reply #117 on: 16 / March / 2014, 22:36:22 »
I am very interested  :) and do have the hardware to do the testing.

« Reply #118 on: 16 / March / 2014, 22:48:59 »
I am very interested  :) and do have the hardware to do the testing.
Okay - game on.

The script he posts is pretty funny :  http://www.event38.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/E38_APM.bas There is no way for that code to ever reach the :terminate label.  There are a few other laughs too.

So what do you want to be able to do from the ArduPilot Mega ?  Can you program that end?  Simply telling the CHDK script to shoot is easy.  Shutdown mode too.  What about switching to video and back on command?  Or zoom in / out?   All possible from the CHDK end but I can't really help you (much) with programming the ArduPilot Mega unless there is more documentation somewhere online.

« Last Edit: 16 / March / 2014, 22:51:12 by waterwingz »

« Reply #119 on: 17 / March / 2014, 01:04:10 »
So what do you want to be able to do from the ArduPilot Mega ?  Can you program that end?  Simply telling the CHDK script to shoot is easy.  Shutdown mode too.  What about switching to video and back on command?  Or zoom in / out?   All possible from the CHDK end but I can't really help you (much) with programming the ArduPilot Mega unless there is more documentation somewhere online.
The setup outlined in the link I posted is designed to be used for aerial mapping. It would be great to use it in conjunction with your scripts ability to set the camera parameters for taking good photos from a moving object. Something that would be nice to add to your script, for this setup, would be to have it turn the camera off after a set number of photos are taken. This would cause the lens to retract and make for safer landings. There are probably more things to suggest, but I'm getting tired and my brain is getting fuzzy.

Here are a couple more links to help give you an idea of the possibilities:
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-plan-missions-for-aerial-survey

and (you may have already seen reference to the following the link) another method for connecting the APM to a CHDK enabled camera:
http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-chdk-camera-control-tutorial/

More tormorrow :)
« Last Edit: 17 / March / 2014, 01:07:25 by bisenberger »