KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 14 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #130 on: 22 / March / 2014, 12:10:07 »
Advertisements
As much as I like this script, I cannot seem to be able to keep any settings changes...
When I switch the camera off (Canon A2500), all data is back to start...
Nothing to do with the script itself, its an ongoing problem with the 1.3.0 version of CHDK. 
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6179.msg111409#msg111409
I can't tell from the thread if its been totally resolved but you might want to grab the latest update from the autobuild server.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #131 on: 22 / March / 2014, 19:50:54 »
As much as I like this script, I cannot seem to be able to keep any settings changes...
When I switch the camera off (Canon A2500), all data is back to start...
Nothing to do with the script itself, its an ongoing problem with the 1.3.0 version of CHDK. 
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6179.msg111409#msg111409
I can't tell from the thread if its been totally resolved but you might want to grab the latest update from the autobuild server.
A fix for this is in trunk autobuild 3392 and later. Let us know if the settings still aren't saving. There may be other issues involved.

For script specific parameters (rather than CHDK settings), there are cases where they aren't saved correctly if you don't run the script between setting the parameters and rebooting.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #132 on: 22 / March / 2014, 22:07:48 »
For script specific parameters (rather than CHDK settings), there are cases where they aren't saved correctly if you don't run the script between setting the parameters and rebooting.
Feels good to know I'm not completely crazy ..

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #133 on: 22 / March / 2014, 22:45:21 »
Feels good to know I'm not completely crazy ..

Should be fixed in revision 3394 (trunk).

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #134 on: 22 / March / 2014, 22:54:10 »
Script updated to v2.2 :  LINK

Principal changes include the addition of interleaved video modes,  improved focus at infinity for CHDK 1.2.0 and 1.3.0,  automatic camera ND filter & aperture detection,  and "much much more".

Feedback on bugs, bumps in the night, and/or things not working as expected are all appreciated.
« Last Edit: 22 / March / 2014, 22:56:09 by waterwingz »

« Reply #135 on: 23 / March / 2014, 17:41:35 »
Hello all,

I am using v1.6 on a Canon SX230(CHDK activated using remote control,4 sec delay between pictures, TV max 1600) , the camera is installed on a flying wing.

The script is very good, but I have difficulties in choosing the best script parameters.

I have made some flights in the past days and it seems that around 50% of the pictures are not so sharp/clear.

During my flights i have the parameter "focus at infinity mode - none" , to what value do you recommend to change it ?

If there are users that are using same camera can they post please their settings?

Thank you.

« Reply #136 on: 23 / March / 2014, 17:55:01 »
I have made some flights in the past days and it seems that around 50% of the pictures are not so sharp/clear.
Looking at the images,  can you decide if it's a focus issue or a shutter speed (motion) issue?

During my flights i have the parameter "focus at infinity mode - none" , to what value do you recommend to change it ?
Using that parameter to set focus at infinity has a couple of advantage.  First of all,  the camera will not accidentally focus on the kite string.  Secondly, to avoid issues if there is a lot of motion and it has trouble finding a focus point, setting at infinity is a safe setting.  FInally, the camera will tend to cycle shots more quickly if it does not have to focus between shots. 

I'd recommend updating to the 2.2 version of the script - it has a much enhanced focus at infinity ability.  It gets even better if you update to the current 1.3.0 version of CHDK.  In either case,  experiment on the ground with the different modes - some of them will not work with the stable version of CHDK (1.2.0).   The 2.2 version of the script will warm you when that happens.

« Reply #137 on: 23 / March / 2014, 18:06:56 »
Looking at the images,  can you decide if it's a focus issue or a shutter speed (motion) issue?

I do not have the proper "eyes" to see from where it could come the issue ,  maybe you can take a look, i have on the link below some pictures as example and the final result ( multiple pictures put together with Microsoft ICE). Please tell me your point of view.

http://fastupload.rol.ro/590e4167ad13aae0f4510f36556513d4.html

Using that parameter to set focus at infinity has a couple of advantage.  First of all,  the camera will not accidentally focus on the kite string.  Secondly, to avoid issues if there is a lot of motion and it has trouble finding a focus point, setting at infinity is a safe setting.  FInally, the camera will tend to cycle shots more quickly if it does not have to focus between shots. 

I'd recommend updating to the 2.2 version of the script - it has a much enhanced focus at infinity ability.  It gets even better if you update to the current 1.3.0 version of CHDK.  In either case,  experiment on the ground with the different modes - some of them will not work with the stable version of CHDK (1.2.0).   The 2.2 version of the script will warm you when that happens.

It is working too well with v 1.6 to change it :) . I will do some more tests with this version and after this i will jump to v 2.2 .
« Last Edit: 23 / March / 2014, 18:09:35 by mirax7 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #138 on: 23 / March / 2014, 18:16:50 »
I do not have the proper "eyes" to see from where it could come the issue ,  maybe you can take a look, i have on the link below some pictures as example and the final result ( multiple pictures put together with Microsoft ICE). Please tell me your point of view.
It would be better to post some examples of the "bad" images using the original file. This would give us the most chance of understanding the problem, and we wouldn't have to download the whole >100 meg zip.

That said, if you aren't forcing the camera to focus at infinity in some way, there is a very good chance that is the problem.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #139 on: 23 / March / 2014, 19:41:52 »
Like reyalp suggests,  this will be a lot easier if you would just attach two images here - one that you think is good and one that is bad.  The composite image you posted dragged my machine to its knees for a couple of minutes.

From the images I could see - and I'm not a pixel peeper - the issue seems to be focus rather than motion blur.  Unfortunately,  Canon in its wisdom does not embed focus distance information in its exif data.  Did you happen to enable logging in the script?  Focus distance of each shot is recorded there.

It is working too well with v 1.6 to change it :) . I will do some more tests with this version and after this i will jump to v 2.2 .
Good to hear.  But as I said, the focus at infinity code is much improved in 2.2