KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 40 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #390 on: 29 / April / 2015, 08:46:37 »
Advertisements
I already have CHDK installed on my Canon S110, how do I go about adding this script into it and is there a link anywhere on how to do it????
Well, you could always RTFM.  The particular section you are looking for is here.

This might help as well, although it's a bit old.

Finally, there is some documentation on the actual script.

Thank you for that, you've saved me hours of reading / trawling to find it so it is very much appreciated!!!

« Reply #391 on: 29 / April / 2015, 08:47:39 »
Thank you for that, you've saved me hours of reading / trawling to find it so it is very much appreciated!!!
One final gift then : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_Links
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #392 on: 29 / April / 2015, 09:28:38 »

[/quote]
One final gift then : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_Links
[/quote]

Oh brilliant, thank you again .... very useful and all bookmarked !!!!!!

You're a gentleman and a scholar  :D

« Reply #393 on: 30 / April / 2015, 11:18:44 »
I've downloaded and installed the script but it doesn't seem to be running, I get a message that comes up saying

126 attempt to call glow bal
get_sd_over_modes
(a nil value)

Anybody any idea what that may be????

« Reply #394 on: 30 / April / 2015, 13:29:34 »
Anybody any idea what that may be????

What version of CHDK are you using?  (the complete filename you loaded would tell us that)

Your version of CHDK might be too old.  The script is supposed to check the version but I might have messed that up a bit.

« Reply #395 on: 01 / May / 2015, 00:58:15 »
The oly thing I could find the referenced it's filename is cchdk3 .... is that what you meant??

it was probably from about July last year if that helps??

« Reply #396 on: 01 / May / 2015, 01:08:07 »
The oly thing I could find the referenced it's filename is cchdk3 .... is that what you meant??

it was probably from about July last year if that helps??
Go to the CHDK menus -> Miscellaneous Stuff -> Show Build Info  and tell me what it says for CHDK Ver : and Revision :

Or just download the current stable version from the autobuild )or better yet download and install it via STICK.)  Let me know if that make the problem go away.

« Reply #397 on: 01 / May / 2015, 03:58:08 »
EDIT: Forget what I typed below have just re done it using stick and seems to be running fine, can't wait to actually try this absolutely brilliant !!!!!!

Are the default settings generally considered best or are there better settings for a UAV for shutter speed etc

Forget from here on have since edited!!!

I'd re-installed it manually rather than using stick whilst you were typing and tried again.

The current is showing as CHDK 1.3.0 Ref 4152

I now get a different message

e.preload ['propcase']ono
file @A/CHDK/SCRIPTS/pro
pcase.lua'onofile 'A/CH
DK/LUALIB/propcase.lua'
***TERMINATED***

In case it has any relevance the simple countdown intervalometer works fine
« Last Edit: 01 / May / 2015, 05:02:09 by Witterings »

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script: PWM USB REMOTE CONTROL
« Reply #398 on: 01 / May / 2015, 20:43:55 »
I am having an issue with the PWM USB control option in Version 3.4, with a Canon Powershot s110.

I keep getting "* USB Pulse Width Error".

I am utilizing an Arduino Nano to convert from an RC PWM output to the required USB power pulse. I have tested the output on my oscilloscope and it's outputting the correct pulse widths.

I have also tested the output with Dave Mitchell's CHDK2Tester.bas, and it all seems to work fine.

I have been looking through KAP 3.4 and noticed it's using get_usb_power(2), i tried changing this to get_usb_power(0), and now i get one correct pulse width before the error.

I am very much a newbie when it comes to CHDK programming, so just wondering if anyone has solved this or could hep to solve it?

I keep getting "* USB Pulse Width Error".
Be aware that the "stock" USB PWM code is just something I threw together as a demo of how you can add PWM input to the script. It has not exactly had a lot of user testing in the real world.

In the demo,  the error message is displayed when the script checks  the CHDK USB PWM control code for the width of the most recent pulse received and is told it's 20 mSec or more.  This is an oversight on my part - when the demo code was added,  the CHDK high speed timer option was not available so the pulse width values in the demo code are off by a factor of 10.  The original intent was for that error to trigger if a pulse of more than 200 mSec was received.

I am utilizing an Arduino Nano to convert from an RC PWM output to the required USB power pulse. I have tested the output on my oscilloscope and it's outputting the correct pulse widths.
To confirm what I have written above, it will help a lot  if you tell me what pulse widths your Arduino is producing !

I have been looking through KAP 3.4 and noticed it's using get_usb_power(2), i tried changing this to get_usb_power(0), and now i get one correct pulse width before the error.
Not really sure what is happening here.   

Using get_usb_power(0) gets the most recent pulse width but it's unbuffered.  You could lose pulses.   

More info about all that here :  USB Remote Scripting Interface

I am very much a newbie when it comes to CHDK programming, so just wondering if anyone has solved this or could hep to solve it?
I think we can probably drag up someone who is somewhat familiar with that script  ::)   Once I know what pulse widths you are actually using,   modifying the PWM detection code in the script should be trivial.  Sorry for not catching that sooner.