KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 42 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #410 on: 05 / May / 2015, 19:58:45 »
Advertisements
but I received a weird error (picture attached).
char(239) is the first character of the UTF-8 BOM. Try saving your script files as plain text (ANSI, ASCII), not UTF-8 or Unicode.
Here you go.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #411 on: 19 / May / 2015, 18:01:22 »
Hey,

I've just updated this script from v3.3, for some reason on my A560 any video I record seems to only last 1 second? (I have the video duration set to 10 seconds). It continues taking still images after each video just fine, thought I'd mention it as a possible bug though.

As a secondary point, if I wanted to alter the file to a) Increase the number of still images that the script took before shooting video, and b) wanted to increase the length of the video that the script took, what would be the upper limit of either variable? (I tried altering the length of the video to 9999 and got an error message?)

« Reply #412 on: 19 / May / 2015, 22:00:19 »
I've just updated this script from v3.3, for some reason on my A560 any video I record seems to only last 1 second? (I have the video duration set to 10 seconds). It continues taking still images after each video just fine, thought I'd mention it as a possible bug though.

This video interleave functionality works fine using v3.5 on my normal test camera (an A1200)

So I dug out my old beaten up A560 and tried it too.   Worse than your situation,  the camera actually crashes when it goes to start a video.   I've attached the resulting ROMLOG for reference.

Looking at the code,  the only thing that might be wonky is the statement:
Code: [Select]
capmode.set('VIDEO_STD')I'll have to play with it - maybe the A560 does not have a valid value for VIDEO_STD.

As a secondary point, if I wanted to alter the file to a) Increase the number of still images that the script took before shooting video, and b) wanted to increase the length of the video that the script took, what would be the upper limit of either variable?

To extend the number of images taken between each video clip,  change the 100 value here :

@param     v Video Interleave (shots)
  @default v 0
  @values  v Off 1 5 10 25 50 100
to what ever shot interval you want.   Then change the 100 value here to the same number  :

video_table     = { 0, 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 }

To extend the video time,  change the 300 value here:

@param     w Video Duration (sec)
  @default w 10
  @range   w 5 300
to the number of seconds you want.

(I tried altering the length of the video to 9999 and got an error message?)

Well,  9999 seconds is almost 3 hours.  Exactly what error message did you receive?

The script parameter input function should have limited your selection to something between 5 and 300 seconds. Regardless, you are not going to get three hours of video time.

Update :  my A560 only crashes if the mode dial is in AUTO mode.   In M mode it takes the 1 second videos you are seeing but after that shooting becomes a bit erratic (might be due to being indoors at night)
« Last Edit: 19 / May / 2015, 23:13:43 by waterwingz »

« Reply #413 on: 20 / May / 2015, 09:34:10 »
This seems to have slipped in with the focus at infinity changes in 3.4.     The A560 does video interleave correctly with v3.3.

Can you confirm that the problem only happens when you do not have the  Focus @ Infinity  enabled?

Update :  it appears that all of these symptoms can be fixed by inserting a short delay between when the script switches the camera to video mode and when the script does a "shoot_full" to starts recording.   I'll post an updated script tonight.
« Last Edit: 20 / May / 2015, 10:49:13 by waterwingz »

« Reply #414 on: 20 / May / 2015, 16:23:34 »
This seems to have slipped in with the focus at infinity changes in 3.4.     The A560 does video interleave correctly with v3.3.

Can you confirm that the problem only happens when you do not have the  Focus @ Infinity  enabled?

Update :  it appears that all of these symptoms can be fixed by inserting a short delay between when the script switches the camera to video mode and when the script does a "shoot_full" to starts recording.   I'll post an updated script tonight.

Seems like I missed a lot of activity since I last posted :)

I'll play around with the code to extend the number of shots etc. I changed the number to 9999 but I didn't select that time - once you release your new script I'll try it again with some more sensible numbers and let you know if I get the error again.

Thanks again for taking a look at the script.

« Reply #415 on: 20 / May / 2015, 22:03:15 »
Script updated to version 3.4d with fixes for video interleave.  It appears older cameras need a lot more time to switch modes and to save things to the SD card.   

Script modified to accommodate this - now works well on my A560.

Update available from the usual download link :  kap_uav.lua

« Reply #416 on: 21 / May / 2015, 18:04:49 »
Script updated to version 3.4d with fixes for video interleave.  It appears older cameras need a lot more time to switch modes and to save things to the SD card.   

Script modified to accommodate this - now works well on my A560.

Update available from the usual download link :  kap_uav.lua

Many thanks for this! I'll try it and let you know if I find any more bugs.

Adam

« Reply #417 on: 21 / May / 2015, 18:56:46 »

As a secondary point, if I wanted to alter the file to a) Increase the number of still images that the script took before shooting video, and b) wanted to increase the length of the video that the script took, what would be the upper limit of either variable?

To extend the number of images taken between each video clip,  change the 100 value here :

@default v 0
  @values  v Off 1 5 10 25 50 100
to what ever shot interval you want.   Then change the 100 value here to the same number  :

video_table     = { 0, 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 }

To extend the video time,  change the 300 value here:

@default w 10
  @range   w 5 300
to the number of seconds you want.

Following from your post above, I tried to change the code to extend the number of shots and the duration of the video (the relevant section of the code is below), when I run the script I get an error right away saying "uBasic:1 Unk stmt"? This is the same if I edit the file in normal Windows notepad of in Notepad++

This post suggests it could be caused by the character set (not sure how I would change this?) or blank lines at the start of the script (there aren't any?) Any advice on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated!

@default v 0
  @values  v Off 1 5 10 25 50 400
  @default w 10
  @range   w 5 1200

I get an error message saying:

« Reply #418 on: 21 / May / 2015, 19:47:04 »
Following from your post above, I tried to change the code to extend the number of shots and the duration of the video (the relevant section of the code is below), when I run the script I get an error right away saying "uBasic:1 Unk stmt"? This is the same if I edit the file in normal Windows notepad of in Notepad++
If the script is written in Lua then it must have an extension of  .lua   e.g.  kap_uav.lua

Anything else is assumed to be a script written in uBASIC.  As you are getting an error that says :"uBasic:1 Unk stmt" it seems likely that you have the wrong file extension.

« Reply #419 on: 25 / May / 2015, 12:08:06 »
Script updated to v3.5.   

Updated documentation and the usual download link here : KAP_UAV Exposure Control Script