EXIF Readers with MM Resolution? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

EXIF Readers with MM Resolution?

• 3 Replies
EXIF Readers with MM Resolution?
« on: 17 / April / 2008, 18:44:46 »
Advertisements
Since CHDK can change the Subject Distance Bracketing as small as 1 millimeter.

Are there any EXIF Readers with this same mm resolution?  The two I normally use only have a subject distance resolution of 1/100m.

Thanks

Gene

Re: EXIF Readers with MM Resolution?
« Reply #1 on: 17 / April / 2008, 22:32:36 »
I have also noticed this. Can someone help?
This information will be useful while bracketing at super macro mode.

« Reply #2 on: 18 / April / 2008, 08:46:28 »
ripwink,

I am new to both CHDK and my A570IS and have been trying to use the EXIF info to help me improve my closeup and macro shots.  My first shots I was always focusing behind the front of the subject!

For me, the default enlarged center for M focusing does not match a split image or even micro prism of a 35mm camera.  Also the Canon default scale does not do much, esp the range after the macro scale, not even any distances until 1m.

CHDK AllBest Subj.distance bracket.value has really been helpful!  Have been taking 10 shots (max with A570) with difference of 5mm but have run into a prob. that when review EXIF Subj.distance info of the photos are not evenly spaced.  I thought it was a prob with CHDK until looked at 2 shots that had the same subj distance value.  They were different!  Finally realized that the EXIF info was getting rounded off.

At this time do not know if it is the A570 or the EXIF reader that is doing the rounding?  If others are having same prob and we are using different readers would guess that the A570 is the prob.

Am interested if anyone has solved this prob.

Thanks

Gene

« Reply #3 on: 18 / April / 2008, 11:06:03 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 18:10:33 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye