canon sx220hs too big menu - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

canon sx220hs too big menu

• 3 Replies
canon sx220hs too big menu
« on: 20 / November / 2013, 15:56:36 »
Advertisements
Hi all,
I am having a canon sx220hs and I would like to try the chdk for my camera.
First I would like to say thanks to everyone that have contributed to such interest work.

The problem I see with the interface I get is too far complicated for my taste. What I only need is to be able to shoot raw and see a live histogram. Is there a way to limit the huge interface I get and configure my camera so it only does these two things? How I can simplify chdk to my taste?

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards
Alex

Offline reyalp

Re: canon sx220hs too big menu
« Reply #1 on: 20 / November / 2013, 16:07:26 »
The problem I see with the interface I get is too far complicated for my taste. What I only need is to be able to shoot raw and see a live histogram. Is there a way to limit the huge interface I get and configure my camera so it only does these two things?
Not really, CHDK includes all the features it includes... If you leave the ones that don't matter to you alone, they shouldn't cause you any problems.

You can can use the "user menu" to make make access to specific settings more convenient http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Menu_Settings

There are also shortcut keys to toggle histogram and raw, so you really shouldn't need to go into the menus much at all.

How I can simplify chdk to my taste?
The source code is available to all, if you are a programmer you can change anything you want. Otherwise, you get what you get.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 20 / November / 2013, 16:37:55 »
Hi,
thanks for the answer... the last thik would be to hide as much [admin: avoid swearing please] possible chdk... I am getting stupiditly confused all the time with the extra menus popping up..

There is also something more in the manual I read that I do not understand regarding auto focus and saving raw files. What would happen, for example if I turn the camera to manual exposure and I start shooting?

Thanks a lot
regards
A

« Reply #3 on: 20 / November / 2013, 20:23:02 »
There is also something more in the manual I read that I do not understand regarding auto focus and saving raw files. What would happen, for example if I turn the camera to manual exposure and I start shooting?
You would take pictures with the manual exposure settings?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16