Please create a GPS location mapping app for CHDK - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Please create a GPS location mapping app for CHDK

• 2 Replies
Please create a GPS location mapping app for CHDK
« on: 27 / November / 2013, 13:27:17 »
Advertisements
A feature that is becoming increasingly popular in cameras is a GPS device capable of finding your location.  The cameras also have an SD card which can hold map files, (free map files are available on the net), a good screen which can display maps, and community-made firmware.

I would be extremely happy if a basic GPS location mapping app was added to CHDK, compatible with cameras that have GPS functionality.  An app that used the location data provided by the GPS device to map your location and display it on screen with a zoom and scroll function for the map.  A very basic would be enough, it doesn't have to be detailed.

Re: Please create a GPS location mapping app for CHDK
« Reply #1 on: 27 / November / 2013, 13:48:57 »
Sounds like a fun project.  There is some basic GPS support in CHDK for those cameras that have it - https://chdkde.app.box.com/s/ftdby4qlyuvsd7o2kl2s - complements of the CHDK-DE team  (rudi & msl ?).

Like everything else in CHDK,  it will only happen if somebody with the necessary skills and time decides to take on the project though.  Stay tuned.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Please create a GPS location mapping app for CHDK
« Reply #2 on: 16 / April / 2014, 15:55:30 »
Hey bicycling season is about to start for me and I'm looking forward to doing a lot of photography on the road.  I was just thinking it would be great to have location mapping on my camera!