HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting

• 44 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting
    « Reply #40 on: 12 / August / 2017, 15:38:43 »
    Advertisements
    I knew the display was the big killer. I'm working on getting that as I desire. Just wondered if there was anything else worth trying.
    Some data is posted here. It's a bit old - functions like set_lcd_display( ) were not available at the time.  My conclusion was that just disabling the backlight is not that effective - you need to turn off the whole display and possibly the sensor too. But if you are shooting quickly (less that one shot per minute) then there are not a lot of opportunities beyond turning off the display.

Have you considered an external battery pack?
    Ported : A1200  SD940  G10  Powershot N  G16*

Offline topshot

• S100
  • Publish
    « Reply #41 on: 12 / August / 2017, 18:59:05 »
    My conclusion was that just disabling the backlight is not that effective - you need to turn off the whole display and possibly the sensor too. But if you are shooting quickly (less that one shot per minute) then there are not a lot of opportunities beyond turning off the display.

Have you considered an external battery pack?
    No time for that. I decided to stick with your display off all the time unless a button is pushed. It has hung up once (pressing the shutter). I'll try to be make sure it is between sets of shots.
    I don't see how the sensor is turned off. Is that a set_prop setting?

• Publish
    « Reply #42 on: 12 / August / 2017, 19:06:04 »
    I don't see how the sensor is turned off. Is that a set_prop setting?
    No - it's more complicated than that.  It's a side effect of putting the camera into certain states - usually with levent or other direct firmware calls.  Off the top of my head,  I don't remember which but things like "standby" on cameras that support short cuts come to mind. 
    Ported : A1200  SD940  G10  Powershot N  G16*

Offline topshot

• S100
  • Publish
    « Reply #43 on: 12 / August / 2017, 19:43:46 »
    Seems to be a burst mode bug not setting Av/Sv so I am trying this as a temp fix
    Code: [Select]
        if ( ( expmode == 1 ) and (pass==1) )then
            set_av96(av96)
            set_sv96(sv96)
            pass=2
        end
    or do those need set on each shot like fast mode? There is likely some set_prop like you did for Tv I could use, too.

Offline topshot

• S100
  • Publish
    « Reply #44 on: 12 / August / 2017, 20:03:55 »
    Seems to be a burst mode bug not setting Av/Sv so I am trying this as a temp fix
    Code: [Select]
        if ( ( expmode == 1 ) and (pass==1) )then
            set_av96(av96)
            set_sv96(sv96)
            pass=2
        end
    or do those need set on each shot like fast mode? There is likely some set_prop like you did for Tv I could use, too.
    Discovered those must be set for each shot so removed the pass==1.