cannot open modelist.lua causing issue? (PTPCAM) - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

cannot open modelist.lua causing issue? (PTPCAM)

• 23 Replies
Re: cannot open modelist.lua causing issue? (PTPCAM)
« Reply #10 on: 21 / January / 2014, 13:44:06 »
Advertisements
You need to connect first, e.g.  chdkptp -c -i

Ah, ok. So now I can get the ls and the mem commands working:

Code: [Select]
D:\chdkptp>chdkptp -c -i
connected: Canon IXUS 230 HS, max packet size 512
con> ls CHDK/LUALIB
BINSTR.LUA
CAPMODE.LUA
DRAWINGS.LUA
GEN/
LPTPGUI.LUA
PROPCASE.LUA
README.TXT
UARTR.LUA
con 1> =return get_meminfo()
2:return:table:{start_address=1725480,chdk_start=3386652,free_size=69928,chdk_si
ze=145796,allocated_size=1798256,free_block_count=15,allocated_count=1413,name="
system",end_address=3593664,chdk_malloc=true,free_block_max_size=52184,allocated
_peak=1849560,total_size=1868184,}
con 2>

I can also use CHDK PTP gui to connect to the camera and view a very distorted live feed. However, I can only start the camera in playback mode, and I see the last image I took. The lense won't open. If I try to perform an action (like shoot a picture), I still get:

ERROR: error loading module 'propcase' from file 'A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua':
   cannot fopen A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua

« Reply #11 on: 21 / January / 2014, 15:31:09 »
I have not tried ptpcam or its gui, but you need to switch the camera to record mode before you can shoot a picture.

« Reply #12 on: 21 / January / 2014, 15:43:02 »
I have not tried ptpcam or its gui, but you need to switch the camera to record mode before you can shoot a picture.

If I try to switch to record mode, I get the aforementioned error with propcase.lua.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #13 on: 21 / January / 2014, 23:43:28 »
free_block_max_size=52184
This looks like the problem, there is only ~50kb free.

Opening a file takes at least 32kb all by itself, so it's no surprise it fails.

chdk has some alternate memory allocation options, but they may have caused other problems on this port. I'll take a look and see if I can post something for you to test.

If I try to switch to record mode, I get the aforementioned error with propcase.lua.
You could use
=switch_mode_usb(1)
to switch without needing that, but with so little memory free you will likely run into other problems.

edit:
Attached is a test build that enables aram.

Note this is from the 1.3 unstable branch, so it will be slightly different from your current build. Assuming it runs, please post the =return get_meminfo() output.

This will still leave you dangerously low on memory, but there should be enough for lua to open files.

edit #2:
also please post the output of
=return getmeminfo('system')
« Last Edit: 21 / January / 2014, 23:59:20 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #14 on: 22 / January / 2014, 14:15:49 »
Ok, new build used. This has eliminated the lua error and given me more memory.
=return getmeminfo('system')

D:\chdkptp> chdkptp -c -i
con> =return get_meminfo()
1:return:table:{chdk_start=4064124,free_size=186256,chdk_size=147604,allocated_s
ize=1819320,free_block_count=13,name="combined",allocated_count=1480,chdk_malloc
=true,free_block_max_size=184336,allocated_peak=1842736,total_size=2005640,}
con 1> quit

Now, if I select record mode  in CHDK PTP and click JPG Remote Shoot (or DNG Remote Shoot) I get:

ERROR: not in rec mode

I'm assuming record mode should trigger the lense open? This still doesn't happen no matter which function I try.

Maybe a silly quesion, but the Remote Shoot button text is red. Does that mean the function is not compatible with my camera?

I also executed > =switch_mode_usb(1)  in CHDK PTP (post updated build install). This doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thank again for your help!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #15 on: 22 / January / 2014, 16:11:13 »
=return get_meminfo('system')
Please execute this command too, it will show the amount of RAM that's available to the Canon firmware.

« Reply #16 on: 22 / January / 2014, 17:18:45 »
Here's the output:

D:\chdkptp>chdkptp -c -i
con> =return get_meminfo('system')
1:return:table:{start_address=1727288,chdk_start=4064132,free_size=184248,chdk_s
ize=147604,allocated_size=1682128,free_block_count=11,allocated_count=1115,name=
"system",end_address=3593664,chdk_malloc=true,free_block_max_size=183752,allocat
ed_peak=1703560,total_size=1866376,}
con 1>

Offline reyalp

« Reply #17 on: 22 / January / 2014, 23:24:43 »
Thanks for the meminfo, it it's still pretty low, but it may be usable.

I've added this change to the 1.3 trunk. It will be available in autobuilds builds 3330 and later from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/

This is not in the 1.2 builds, since ARAM support is not implemented in 1.2.

I'm assuming record mode should trigger the lense open? This still doesn't happen no matter which function I try.
Yes, if you press the "rec" button in the GUI, or enter "rec" in the CLI, the lens should come out and the camera should go into shooting mode.
Maybe a silly quesion, but the Remote Shoot button text is red. Does that mean the function is not compatible with my camera?
No, it's just the color that msl made it.

I also executed > =switch_mode_usb(1)  in CHDK PTP (post updated build install). This doesn't seem to have any effect.
I suspect this is a bug in the port, I'll look into it.

A few questions:
What operating system are you using? I assume windows, but is it Win7, 8, XP...?
Does the camera screen go black when you plug it in?
Are you using the libusb INF driver or the filter driver?
What version of libusb?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #18 on: 23 / January / 2014, 00:01:08 »
Here's a test build for the record switch issue.

« Reply #19 on: 23 / January / 2014, 13:37:49 »
A few questions:
What operating system are you using? I assume windows, but is it Win7, 8, XP...?
Does the camera screen go black when you plug it in?
Are you using the libusb INF driver or the filter driver?
What version of libusb?

-Win7
-No
-INF driver
-libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0

I used the last build you posted (noticed only the MODULES subdir is there, so left the other subdirs in place).

It works! Lense now opens when I switch to rec mode, and I can shoot / remote shoot. Remote shoot only works for DNG format - is this expected?

If I try JPG remote shoot, I get:

ERROR: unsupported format

Thanks again for your help. Remote shoot was my primary goal, but if there's any other testing you'd like me to perform, let me know.