Canon powershot G15 long exposure - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Canon powershot G15 long exposure

• 6 Replies
Canon powershot G15 long exposure
« on: 17 / January / 2014, 07:18:57 »
Advertisements
Hello this is my second Canon camera and i previously had a Canon A590 with CHDK. The battery door broke (the camera body part) so i was due for an upgrade.

So i had the same card i had for the A590 and copied over the new files. It took me a while to find my way around the new controls on the G15 and CHDK

Two things i'd use it for slow shutter and depth of field stacking, both successfully completed on the A590

Slow shutter with G15 is causing me problems. For whatever reason I could not get the firmware version to reveal itself but i read if the first version of CHDK didn't work try the other. So on both versions when i set the shutter to anything more than 15 seconds and make sure all the corresponding radio buttons and settings are correct my camera shuts down ofter 5 to 6 seconds and reports an error. TV mode selected and say 25 seconds on the shutter... Any clues as to what the problem is.

Does anyone have a guide on getting the exposure to work on the G15 as i see others have had success.

I may sound like i know what im doing but feel free to leave no stone unturned!

Many thanks

Re: Canon powershot G15 long exposure
« Reply #1 on: 17 / January / 2014, 08:11:57 »
For whatever reason I could not get the firmware version to reveal itself but i read if the first version of CHDK didn't work try the other.
Try ACID  Getting the right version is important.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 17 / January / 2014, 09:07:38 »
Wow, suddenly its works.! Thank you. Not sure why when i had religiously tried both releases that now it works. Many thanks, i can now look forward to exploring the focus stacking and long exposures.  :D

I just need to work out how to partition off a section of my new card now...

« Reply #3 on: 17 / January / 2014, 09:09:12 »
The G15 does not need or use dual partitions.

« Reply #4 on: 17 / January / 2014, 09:19:38 »
Just found that out thanks! Great i'm all set to go on my 16GB card. Not massive i know but good fro what i need. Thanks for the help, i'm grinning from ear to ear! Im using the "slide the lock up" method and "load firmware" to get it working. It less confusing for my wife that way as long as i remember to unlock when im done fiddling.

« Reply #5 on: 17 / January / 2014, 09:34:19 »
Just found that out thanks! Great i'm all set to go on my 16GB card. Not massive i know but good fro what i need. Thanks for the help, i'm grinning from ear to ear! Im using the "slide the lock up" method and "load firmware" to get it working. It less confusing for my wife that way as long as i remember to unlock when im done fiddling.
Assuming this means you have it autobooting (rather than using the "firmware update" method), then you might want to also disable the CHDK splash screen ( in the OSD Settings menu ).   That way your wife will not even know CHDK is loaded.

« Reply #6 on: 17 / January / 2014, 10:27:09 »
Thank you i will look into that.!