Beginner.. how do I apply/use bracketing feature? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Beginner.. how do I apply/use bracketing feature?

• 19 Replies
Beginner.. how do I apply/use bracketing feature?
« on: 18 / April / 2008, 01:32:27 »
Advertisements
I don't understand which settings in the bracketing settings do I change.

So I goto "extra photo operations=>Bracketing in continous mode (what does this "continious mode" means?)

then i see a set of options for Bracketing in continuous mode.  Is it automatically on?  How do I turn it on? 

BTW have an SD 850 if that matters
« Last Edit: 18 / April / 2008, 01:39:24 by mxl360 »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Beginner.. how do I apply/use bracketing feature?
« Reply #1 on: 18 / April / 2008, 02:09:37 »
according to this site DCRP Review: Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Digital ELPH continuous mode is achieved by pressing "down" a few times. if not, read your manual about that :)
the bracketing is active only in continuous mode.

« Reply #2 on: 18 / April / 2008, 04:41:12 »
Continuous mode is when you select burst mode instead of single shot, or a custom mode, where you select initial delay (0-10 secs) and number of shots (1-10).

So for example you can set 1 second and 3 frames, set the Av/Tv EV to 2EV, and Bracketing mode +/-

When you press the shutter ONCE, you get three shots at 0, -2 and +2 EV respectively. Or you can do it manually.

The advantage is that you don't use any script this way, only software capabilities (original+chdk).

« Reply #3 on: 18 / April / 2008, 20:49:53 »
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, sorry for my ignorance but i can't find a way to make the bracketting mode working.
Actually i have a canon A620, and in continuous mode when i press the shutter once it only indicates me that a process began. If i press the shutter again it idincates me tht it stops.
So i can't take any picture.
Thanx for any help!

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 19 / April / 2008, 02:47:38 »
dont press the shutter in alt-mode. pressing the shutter in alt-mode will start scripts.

« Reply #5 on: 19 / April / 2008, 06:58:26 »
So how can i take pictures in alt mode  :'(

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #6 on: 19 / April / 2008, 07:02:05 »
you don't, why would you do that? in alt-mode you can only take pictures via the use of scripts. search the wiki on how to do that.

« Reply #7 on: 19 / April / 2008, 07:33:40 »
Thanx i understood!

« Reply #8 on: 19 / April / 2008, 10:59:21 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 18:24:25 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #9 on: 22 / April / 2008, 02:28:35 »
I ran some bracketing scripts.... it takes the multiple pictures... but the picture EV doesn't change at all.  I tried two scripts.  the universal and the Bracketing w/ EV correction  UBASIC/Scripts: Bracketing and EV correction - CHDK Wiki

I edited the script as it said from 205 to 206 because it's a digic III.

I set it to take 3 total pictures and change the EV step.  Script runs...takes 3 snaps...But pictures come out the same
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 02:31:36 by mxl360 »