Canon 1Gx - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Canon 1Gx

• 18 Replies
Canon 1Gx
« on: 30 / January / 2014, 04:55:53 »
Advertisements
Hello to all.
Installed Magic Lantern on my 5D2 and it works. However overlay is always red, didn’t manage this. But not for this forum I think.
So let’s go one with the actual problem: I’m trying to get in the user-family but have a problem. Don’t find the firmware version of my 1Gx. Looked around everywhere but didn’t find the right answer.
Tried the option with the request files “vers.req” & “ver.req” and push the button “SET” and “DISP” but nothing came up.
Tried out other button combinations, nothing.
I formatted the SD cart and copied the req files  (created empty files and changed the name to “vers.req” & “ver.req” on Mac)
The 1Gx is different than the other G’s and maybe not applicable in the same way..?
Any other 1Gx-user around there who could help me, thx

Offline zeno

Re: Canon 1Gx
« Reply #1 on: 30 / January / 2014, 10:24:31 »
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 30 / January / 2014, 11:39:41 »
Thank you very much Zeno, will try to try this in the weekend, hope firmware is ok, great expectations..
Let know if it works
http://chdk.setepontos.com/Smileys/smile/cool.gif

« Reply #3 on: 30 / January / 2014, 15:38:10 »
So could instal the soft to see the firmware, it is 100g and downloaded the CDHKsoft, copied it to the card for the 1gx but after hit the play no trace to any firmware update in any of the 3 menus...
Sorry for the bad english but i m working from my ipad

« Reply #4 on: 30 / January / 2014, 15:42:10 »
No need to use menus.

LOCK the card and boot the camera.

« Reply #5 on: 30 / January / 2014, 15:47:00 »
Did this but mention that the card is locked,...nothing else

« Reply #6 on: 30 / January / 2014, 16:02:47 »
I tried to use the first way or firmware update, should I use bootable method ?

« Reply #7 on: 30 / January / 2014, 16:09:18 »
Yes, just LOCK the card and boot the camera.

What happens ?

« Reply #8 on: 30 / January / 2014, 16:22:40 »
Nice works I think, didn't try it because found it to complicated at first, downloaded stick and let do the program it's work. I'm not used that a program do this all for me, was thinking that nothing was happening...
Now I will have to look to the manual in order to find acces to the menu.
thanks a lot

« Reply #9 on: 30 / January / 2014, 17:58:13 »
So tried out some scripts already, couldn't wait anymore. Downloaded a script for time lapse but didn't work. Script seemed complete for me, meaning the settings that could be done: Fix focus, turn display off and so but sadly it doesn't work on my g1x
Took the last one but received error of an wrong character or so, seems a better script than the basics, a pity.

Another problem, when I try out the search in the forums and type for example 1gx no answer at all, should I do this in a different way

Thanks for any advice