I have the the Ixus 500 HS with firmware 1.01 rev 1.00 (so that would be 101a apparently). The firmware can be found here: http://lucy.pkh.me/chdk-ixus500hs/. The arm-elf toolchain seems to be working here (since I was able to build chdk for a random platform) so I can provide help with testing.
So what is the current status and how can I help?
Note: I idle/hang out on the #chdk IRC channel if you need direct exchanges.
If you have development experience and want to work on this port you can try this:
- get latest source for IXUS500 from http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/nafraf/chdk
- get latest CHDK source from http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk
(use the trunk version)
- copy the loader/ixus500_elph520hs folder from nafrafs' version to the CHDK version
- copy the platform/ixus500_elph520hs folder from nafrafs' version to the CHDK version
- create platform/ixus500_elph520hs/sub/101a folder by copying 100d or 100e
- copy your PRIMARY.BIN firmware dump to platform/ixus500_elph520hs/sub/101a
You should be able to build with
make PLATFORM=ixus500_elph520hs PLATFORMSUB=101a firsub
If there are errors you can't resolve, you can post back here for more help.
The build may not run, as there may be addresses that need fixing; but getting it to build is the first step.