Issue with CHDK v1.20 and Canon G7 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Issue with CHDK v1.20 and Canon G7

• 3 Replies
Issue with CHDK v1.20 and Canon G7
« on: 05 / September / 2013, 13:54:26 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I recently upgraded my G7 with CHDK v1.20. I was using a very old version previously. I'm using a 32GB card with two partitions. I have no problems configuring the CHDK menus or with taking pictures. However, I am having the following problems with the OSD:
1) CHDK elements (histogram, battery icon, and other data) momentarily flicker on and off instead of staying steady on the screen.
2) Zebras are not displayed, although the feature is enabled.
3) Gridlines are not displayed, although the feature is enabled.

Can anyone help?

Thx

Online reyalp

Re: Issue with CHDK v1.20 and Canon G7
« Reply #1 on: 05 / September / 2013, 16:48:35 »
Some flickering on the OSD is normal. The canon firmware and CHDK are not aware of each other and fight over the display. How apparent this is depends mostly on Canon settings: When if the canon UI is updating a lot, it will happen more.

If you can give us an idea how old the previous build you were using was, that might help us understand the differences. The actual version would be ideal, but just a year / month would be helpful.

2) Zebras are not displayed, although the feature is enabled.
3) Gridlines are not displayed, although the feature is enabled.
This could happen if the CHDK modules are not installed correctly on your two partition card. The boot file (DISKBOOT.BIN) needs to go on the small partition. Everything in the CHDK directory should go in the large partition. The PS.FIR file should go on both, so you can manually load with the "firm update" method to switch back. For simplicity, you can just copy the entire CHDK install onto each partition.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 06 / September / 2013, 10:46:45 »
Thanks for the response! You were correct that the CHDK modules were not loaded correctly. I decided to first simplify things by using my old 2GB card (single partition) to load CHDK on. Everything worked fine, confirming that there is no compatibility issues between my G7 and the CHDK version that I downloaded.

On the 32GB card, I repeated the install process again (I'm using WICKS), and this time everything works fine! :D

« Reply #3 on: 08 / February / 2014, 12:39:53 »
If you are the owner of a G7 we need your help improving the manual focus / subject distance override capability of CHDK.

Please read the instructions posted here < Link to Testing Instructions > and test your camera.

TIA.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16