S5IS video bitrate/compression - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

S5IS video bitrate/compression

• 7 Replies
S5IS video bitrate/compression
« on: 15 / April / 2008, 21:59:38 »
Advertisements
Hello all,

Please excuse me if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if the VIDEO BITRATE/COMPRESSION will be added to the S5IS?

Thanks, the Alchemist.....

Offline wap4

• A720IS
Re: S5IS video bitrate/compression
« Reply #1 on: 18 / April / 2008, 01:36:59 »
 Be patient,and it will be added in 6 months.  :D
 It is not very difficult to implement.

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #2 on: 18 / April / 2008, 02:54:30 »
I don't have time to do that right now :p I'll have to see if the video code is comparable first but I fear the worst. It's on my todo list.

Offline wap4

• A720IS
« Reply #3 on: 18 / April / 2008, 03:10:16 »
 Don't fear,its just a boring and time-consuming but task if you're determined. To get the full xref tree,don't trust
 IDA's 'XREFs TO' command. Instead copy the IDB in some text editor(a huge file). Start from Task_MovieRecord.
 Now find the occurrences of this task just by simple text search,identify those functions and repeat this procedure
 for those functions (thus do it recursively) until everything converges to task_Startup or some 'important' function
 before that which has been already hooked via boot.c. 
 Now add some more functions which emerge from task_MovieRecord,these are responsible for bitrate changing.
 The real trouble is that S5IS has more functions related to movie mode than the A-series and that will make the job
 more time consuming. But in theory,it can be done by the above procedure. 

P.S. Now I think you already knew all that! :)
« Last Edit: 18 / April / 2008, 03:17:20 by wap4 »

« Reply #4 on: 18 / April / 2008, 09:04:22 »
Thanks guys!

Say DataGhost are you the ONLY programmer working on this stuff?

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #5 on: 18 / April / 2008, 09:09:30 »
Eh, someone else can do it, but I guess (not sure :P ) I'm the one with the most S5IS coding experience / knowledge. This task doesn't really require that, but it'd be handy to have a camera around for testing.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #6 on: 18 / April / 2008, 09:41:03 »
i bet ewavr will post here soon, single post, one line - the solution. just judging from his other previous helpful posts :D

« Reply #7 on: 18 / April / 2008, 11:14:14 »
Well , for what ever it's worth, ALL you programmers are really doing a fantastic job. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

P.S., I of course have the S5IS , so a special thanks to you DataGhost and all that helped you!

The Alchemis.....