CHDKplus.lua : adding M, Tv, Av, ISO+ exposure modes with a GUI - page 9 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

CHDKplus.lua : adding M, Tv, Av, ISO+ exposure modes with a GUI

• 141 Replies
Re: CHDKplus.lua : adding M, Tv, Av, ISO+ exposure modes with a GUI
« Reply #80 on: 14 / July / 2014, 09:27:16 »
Advertisements
That value was the starting point for all my tests. Then, noticing the overexp., setted it progressively higher as you suggested in a previous post.
I've lost track of where we are here.  If you set the Tv limit to 1/2000 and crank up the ISO setting,  does the ND filter help ?

I don't know if I mentioned this before,  but it might be worth running the ND filter calibration program attached to this post :  http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10493.msg113285#msg113285 to see what it tells us.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #81 on: 14 / July / 2014, 10:34:17 »
Thank you WW
The ndf_cal.lua test returned f-stop=2 ( f-stop=2 1/3 when zoom on tele), so i set nd96offset=2*96 in CHDKplus script.
In a quick new test Av and Tv modes seem fine now. I wasn't wrong when judging a 1 stop overexp. in previous test  :P
A slight overexposure persists in Sv mode ... i'll survive with it  :) Anyway my preferred mode is M

[newbie nuisance ON]
Now, taking advantage of your kindness, would it be difficult to remove from your script that pre-check exposure in M mode? Would you suggest which lines remove/modify?
[newbie nuisance OFF]
Thanks again  ;)
« Last Edit: 14 / July / 2014, 10:42:29 by fabri22 »

« Reply #82 on: 14 / July / 2014, 10:49:12 »
I'll take a look tonight - just commenting out the exposure check might result in some initially undefined variables that would crash the script.

I think I'll also make the ND calibrate value a user parameter so that you don't have to edit the script. That way script updates are easier too.

« Reply #83 on: 20 / July / 2014, 19:04:42 »
I'll take a look tonight - just commenting out the exposure check might result in some initially undefined variables that would crash the script.

It seems that i've exhausted all my "tickets"  :(

BTW here a recent picture easly taken thanks to CHDKplus ... with a cheap P&S

« Reply #84 on: 20 / July / 2014, 20:55:09 »
It seems that i've exhausted all my "tickets"  :(

BTW here a recent picture easly taken thanks to CHDKplus ... with a cheap P&S
Very nice.

« Reply #85 on: 20 / July / 2014, 23:25:22 »
link > CHDKplus2-2beta.zip

Version 2.2 adds the ability to calibrate ND filter factor in f-stops in the Script Menu options via a user @param value.

[newbie nuisance ON]
Now, taking advantage of your kindness, would it be difficult to remove from your script that pre-check exposure in M mode? Would you suggest which lines remove/modify?
[newbie nuisance OFF]

Delete line 735 in v2.2 where it says :

Code: [Select]
    half_press()I have not tried it - you are on your own with this one  :P
« Last Edit: 20 / July / 2014, 23:32:03 by waterwingz »

« Reply #86 on: 21 / July / 2014, 10:31:17 »

It seems to work. At least the exposure check in M mode has gone.
It was a bit annoying when shooting a night scenery like the one posted above.

Meanwhile i added to your script a variable "self-timer" parameter with a values (secs) screen notice at script start. It's a lot easier to set it via script than via canon menu.
It took a lot of hours so that it worked and there was no way to make the AF LED blinking via script  :o (AFAIK it should be an ixus125 porting issue)

TY

« Reply #87 on: 21 / July / 2014, 12:21:24 »

It seems to work. At least the exposure check in M mode has gone.
It was a bit annoying when shooting a night scenery like the one posted above.
So the issue is the time it takes for that initial focus when the illumination is low?  Normal scenes are not an issue but the lag in dimly light scenes becomes annoying?

Meanwhile i added to your script a variable "self-timer" parameter with a values (secs) screen notice at script start. It's a lot easier to set it via script than via canon menu. It took a lot of hours so that it worked and there was no way to make the AF LED blinking via script  :o (AFAIK it should be an ixus125 porting issue)
Glad you are having fun with it. That's the real power of CHDK scripts - the ability for the end user  to tweak things the way they want it to work and not rely on some "expert" to forced them to work a certain way.

You should be able to blink the AF light but it may very will be an issue with the ixus125 port.

« Reply #88 on: 21 / July / 2014, 13:47:56 »
So the issue is the time it takes for that initial focus when the illumination is low?  Normal scenes are not an issue but the lag in dimly light scenes becomes annoying?
No. In dimly light scenes it's annoying because the exposure check sets ISO to high values, usually 1600, and adapts Tv values to avoid shake, even if starting the CHDKplus in M mode.
-those values don't take in account my settings in Default @param (so Default @params or Sv max seem a no sense)
-best night scenes photos require low ISO and tripod (so i've to re-set everytime ISO and Tv values and there isn't a "Key-repeat" for up and down buttons [still trying to learn how to put it in your script :)] )
-when switching in M mode my DSLRs   Tv,Av,ISO values stay setted on previous shot (so it is a damn old habit)
my two cents

The set_focus override would be nice in low lights but we know this limit on some cameras like mine.

Glad you are having fun with it. That's the real power of CHDK scripts - the ability for the end user  to tweak things the way they want it to work and not rely on some "expert" to forced them to work a certain way.

You should be able to blink the AF light but it may very will be an issue with the ixus125 port.
pleasant going mad rather than having fun  :) BTW i love the power CHDK scripts... just few decades more to learn scripting  :P
« Last Edit: 21 / July / 2014, 14:31:53 by fabri22 »

« Reply #89 on: 21 / July / 2014, 18:17:49 »
No. In dimly light scenes it's annoying because the exposure check sets ISO to high values, usually 1600, and adapts Tv values to avoid shake, even if starting the CHDKplus in M mode.
-those values don't take in account my settings in Default @param (so Default @params or Sv max seem a no sense)
The first time through when the script launches,  it does a "half press" in "P" mode (i.e. it lets the camera tell the script what it thinks the correct exposure should be).   This also causes the camera to initialize a property case value that gives the smallest Av setting available - which gets used in all the ND filter calculations.

-best night scenes photos require low ISO and tripod (so i've to re-set everytime ISO and Tv values and there isn't a "Key-repeat" for up and down buttons [still trying to learn how to put it in your script :)] )
-when switching in M mode my DSLRs   Tv,Av,ISO values stay setted on previous shot (so it is a damn old habit)
my two cents
So it would be acceptable to do that "half press" as long as the @param default values were then used for Tv,Av,Sv in M mode,  for Tv in Tv priority mode,  and for Av in Av priority mode ?

The set_focus override would be nice in low lights but we know this limit on some cameras like mine.
Set focus at infinity?  Or user defined - that would take another on screen control somehow.  I'd need to play with that a lot.

pleasant going mad rather than having fun  :) BTW i love the power CHDK scripts... just few decades more to learn scripting  :P
If it makes you feel any better,  scripts like CHDKplus.lua, Ultimate.lua or kap_uav.lua would be virtually impossible to write and debug successfully in uBASIC.   And if you could,  forget every modifying them (while you wait for you hair to grow back in).