CHDKplus.lua : adding M, Tv, Av, ISO+ exposure modes with a GUI - page 14 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDKplus.lua : adding M, Tv, Av, ISO+ exposure modes with a GUI

• 141 Replies
Re: CHDKplus.lua : adding M, Tv, Av, ISO+ exposure modes with a GUI
« Reply #130 on: 19 / October / 2014, 09:34:52 »
Advertisements
When entering playback mode, script displays "Script in Playback Mode". Zoom dont work, until chdk are exited.
That's strange.  When I first released the latest update,  there was no code for using the zoom buttons.  fabri22  suggested adding zoom so I did and then I updated the released file.  Try downloading the script again?

For getting back to shoot mode, must press play (displayed message "Script in Playback Mode" disappear and showed chdkplus shooting display screen and camera playback mode again) and then shoot button (instead pressing one time shoot button)
That's how the code currently works - only pressing play takes you back to shooting.  But you've given me a good idea - allow the change back from playback to shooting  if the shutter button is pressed.  I'll add that.

If in playback mode exit chdk, then message "Script in Playback Mode" are displayd on screen and pressing shoot button falls back to shooting mode, message "Script in Playback Mode" are leaving there and switching CHDK on off dont change situation,  but if CHDK are svitched on, and enter playback, then chdkplus shooting screen are displayed and going back to shooting mode all are OK
You have found a way to really confuse the script - exiting <ALT> while in Playback mode.  Now that I understand that you have done that,  I should be able to fix it.

Thanks for the notes - i'll make some changes and it will be an even better script!

Update :  script updated to handle these cases so please give it a try.  Now at v2.7
« Last Edit: 19 / October / 2014, 10:32:56 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #131 on: 04 / November / 2014, 11:31:13 »
That's how the code currently works - only pressing play takes you back to shooting.  But you've given me a good idea - allow the change back from playback to shooting  if the shutter button is pressed *.  I'll add that.
(*)Doesn't work well on my camera.
When in "Playback mode" the shutter button (half or full) switches the camera to "Record mode" but the shooting values aren't displayed and the message "Script in Playback Mode" is still there.

--Very personal opinions--
-I found usefull a "real time" meter update (in Tv, Av and M mode) when changing values with up&down keys.
Realized it adding
if (gui_index ~= 4 ) then bv96meter=get_bv96()-ev96comp update_meter() end
after the    elseif ( is_key("down/up")) then     in the main routine. Works fine. *

*EDIT
The first up/down key press (value change) updates the meter in the wrong direction  >:(  Only following changes are fine. HELP

*EDIT 2
Got it! ... me stupid! The "quoted" line has to be below the   adjust_value(gui_index...   then for a "real time" meter update:
    elseif ( is_key("up")) then
       adjust_value(gui_index, 1)
    elseif ( is_key("down")) then
       adjust_value(gui_index, -1)

-I found usefull to modify the delta16 <-> meter-color relationship (function update_meter()) for a "more strict" meter reading...just my persona taste.
        if     ( delta16 < -3 ) then bg="red"
        elseif ( delta16 < 0 ) then bg="yellow"
        elseif ( delta16 >  3 ) then bg="red"
        elseif ( delta16 >  0 ) then bg="yellow"
        else                         bg="green"
        end

Let me know your opinion... and forgive a newbie that ventured to propose to you code lines  :)

« Last Edit: 05 / November / 2014, 16:28:52 by fabri22 »

« Reply #132 on: 30 / December / 2014, 16:43:11 »
Hi,

since my latest CHDK update I have the attached error message,
due to new lua changings.

A happy new year 2015
IXUS 970 IS 100b

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #133 on: 30 / December / 2014, 17:03:11 »
Hi,

since my latest CHDK update I have the attached error message,
due to new lua changings.

A happy new year 2015

It's just a warning that your script does not include a '@chdk_version' control in the header (the message has been truncated due to the width of the menu on your camera).
This has been added to 1.4 to allow scripts to specify which CHDK versions they will work on - 1.4 adds new features that are not available in earlier versions.

If you are going to use the new features add this to your script (near the @title):
Code: [Select]
@chdk_version 1.4
Otherwise add:
Code: [Select]
@chdk_version 1.3

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #134 on: 30 / December / 2014, 17:37:03 »
Thanks philmoz
for the clarification.

I read this, but I didn't expect it for 'old' scripts. :)

It works now as before.
IXUS 970 IS 100b

Offline ftm

« Reply #135 on: 12 / January / 2018, 13:43:18 »
Sorry, if I'm reviving this old thread. Trying to use this program on my SX700 HS. The on screen GUI is all messed up. This is presume is due to different screen resolution. Is it reasonably easy to fix this? Thanks.

Edit: Screenshots attached.
« Last Edit: 12 / January / 2018, 23:53:59 by ftm »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #136 on: 12 / January / 2018, 16:03:55 »
Sorry, if I'm reviving this old thread.
This is the right thread.
Trying to use this program on my SX700 HS. The on screen GUI is all messed up. This is presume is due to different screen resolution. Is it reasonably easy to fix this? Thanks.
A screenshot might clarify "all messed up"
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline ftm

« Reply #137 on: 13 / January / 2018, 01:57:38 »
I have modified the original lua script to take into account the larger Digic6 display size. It does a check for get_gui_screen_width(). It should still work for older smaller screens but since I don't have one, I cannot test. If anyone can test, it is most helpful. Not sure if I caught all instances. The script is attached.

Edit to add: One place the script is not clever is in the param for the y Position Offset. My knowledge of lua is not good enough to figure out how to set it correctly at this point (param defines) for both types of displays. However, it is scaled correctly later.

Edit: remove attachment as changes incorporated by waterwingz into original script.
« Last Edit: 13 / January / 2018, 11:44:34 by ftm »

« Reply #138 on: 13 / January / 2018, 07:31:37 »
I have modified the original lua script to take into account the larger Digic6 display size. It does a check for get_gui_screen_width(). It should still work for older smaller screens but since I don't have one, I cannot test. If anyone can test, it is most helpful. Not sure if I caught all instances. The script is attached.

Edit to add: One place the script is not clever is in the param for the y Position Offset. My knowledge of lua is not good enough to figure out how to set it correctly at this point (param defines) for both types of displays. However, it is scaled correctly later.
Nice job - that was a lot of work!

Your changes to the Help screen were not quite correct - they truncated the strings and upset the centering. I fixed that, tested on my D6 and non-D6 cameras, updated the version to 2.9, added credit to you in the title block, and updated the download files.

As the script now supports all known camera types,  I'll revert the wiki edits pointing to seperate downloads.
« Last Edit: 13 / January / 2018, 07:41:01 by waterwingz »

« Reply #139 on: 13 / January / 2018, 11:44:56 »
However, it is scaled correctly later.

Well, there is one other small thing.  When you select OSD Size [ Large ] or OSD Size [ Medium ] in the script menu, the result overflows the screen on the left and right.  Losing the left side is not a big deal but losing the right side interferes with the exposure meter GUI stuff.

This is only a problem on my D6 camera.

Obviously this has something to do with how the script scales everything in the X & Y direction for the larger settings but not the end of the world.  It was heavily tweaked for appearance without a lot of math applied. I'll play with it when I get some free time.

Edit : the actual math is pretty simple - the new script scaling for D6 displays simply multiplies the original x or y position by 2.  In the y direction (i.e. vertical), this is okay as the display goes from 240 to 480.  But in the x direction (i.e. horizontal) the display goes from 360 to 640 - a ratio of 1.78 rather than 2.
« Last Edit: 13 / January / 2018, 12:01:24 by waterwingz »