How to find shutter count on S100 - page 2 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

How to find shutter count on S100

• 15 Replies
Re: How to find shutter count on S100
« Reply #10 on: 27 / December / 2012, 10:49:14 »
Advertisements
SRSA_4C
Thank you...I will give it a try.
Randy

Issue Resolved........Re: How to find shutter count on S100
« Reply #11 on: 27 / December / 2012, 11:18:33 »
SRSA_4C
Thank you very much...That was it!
By the way, it appears the first number reflects jpegs shot and the next row reflects total of jpeg and raw shots.
To make sure this was true...I noted the number and then took a couple shots and looked at the number again. I did this several times and indeed those rows contain total pictures taken.
I would like to thank you and all the others for your help.
Randy

Offline lapser

Re: Issue Resolved........Re: How to find shutter count on S100
« Reply #12 on: 27 / December / 2012, 13:33:27 »
SRSA_4C
By the way, it appears the first number reflects jpegs shot and the next row reflects total of jpeg and raw shots.
@Rburk10: Great info, thanks! This works on my SX260 even though the numbers don't appear with ver.req. I've only taken 43,000 shots so far, mostly of a blank wall (it's a long story).

Is this number available from a script with get_parameter_data(1) by any chance? If so, would it work on all cameras?

My camera does have different numbers for jpg and raw+jpg as you described.  Since the camera doesn't support raw natively, it must be counting the number of picture files saved for the second number. I'll experiment with it when I have time.
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #13 on: 27 / December / 2012, 14:57:47 »
Is this number available from a script with get_parameter_data(1) by any chance? If so, would it work on all cameras?

Yes, it is possible:
Code: (lua) [Select]
str, num = get_parameter_data(1)
if str then
    for i=1, string.len(str) do
        print(string.format("0x%02x %d ", string.byte(str, i), string.byte(str, i)))
    end
end
print("---")
if num then print(num) end

Parameter 1 is the shutter count. You get a refresh of the number only after a reboot of the camera.
Parameter 2 is the counter of all captures (pics & videos). Updating of the counter is done after storage of the files.

(Tested with the SX220)

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline lapser

« Reply #14 on: 27 / December / 2012, 15:44:25 »
Parameter 2 is the counter of all captures (pics & videos). Updating of the counter is done after storage of the files.
That's great! Thanks.

I've been looking for a way to tell when the file has been saved. Maybe I could check this counter to see when it changes:

Code: (lua) [Select]
str0, num0 = get_parameter_data(2)
repeat
  sleep(10)
  str, num = get_parameter_data(2)
until str0~=str or num0~=num
Then maybe I could modify the file name or add exif data as needed.
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

« Reply #15 on: 10 / March / 2014, 11:56:05 »
If I'm not mistaken, the value that the camera would display after "total shoot" is param nr 1 (i.e. not the first, the second).
To display it, locate "debug data display" in the CHDK menu, set it to "params", and set "paramsdata page" below to 0. After exiting the menu, you'll find the value in the second row, after "1:".
It's worth to note that this value can get cleared during repair in a Canon service center.

FWIW: appears to work fine with S110. Thanks!