chdk in the DIGIC6 world

• 152 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: chdk in the DIGIC6 world
« Reply #150 on: 10 / June / 2018, 00:50:54 »
Advertisements
Later cameras do more stuff in their avcore initialization routines, I don't know if those affect the success of the method I found.
It would be great if anyone could try this workaround on other models (it involves hooking TricInitTask, plus doing the eventflag manipulation, as described above).
Thanks for investigating this. I finally got around to trying this on g7x, following the sx280 example. g7x does not have a direct equivalent of M10 110d fc07ed70.

I initially thought it worked, but it turns to *sometimes* have similar but not identical problems.

Without the change, hybrid auto crashes immediately, and the orientation sensor sometimes freaks out alternating between 0 and 90.

With the change, the orientation sensor problem still happens sometimes, and if it's happening, hybrid auto becomes unresponsive or eventually crashes, but not instantly. If the orientation sensor doesn't freak out, hybrid auto seems to work fine. I got the impression the orientation sensor freakout happens more often if the camera is moving or off level in boot, but it could be random.

I made finsig_thumb2 put task_TricInitTask and SetEventFlag in stubs_entry.S by default.

edit:
Code attached.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #151 on: 10 / June / 2018, 16:21:41 »
With the change, the orientation sensor problem still happens sometimes, and if it's happening, hybrid auto becomes unresponsive or eventually crashes, but not instantly.
That's weird. Neither of my D6 cams show anything similar.
I don't think the orientation sensor has anything to do with the codec core.
A couple of thoughts:
- When the issue occurs, does the IS continue to work normally? It's possible that some (or all) orientation related data is retrieved from the IS system.
- If you'd like to investigate codec core related problems/crashes, try using (or hooking) the logger functions used in the ARM side tasks: sub_FC351FD6 (regular log), sub_FC352036 (error log).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #152 on: 10 / June / 2018, 17:34:08 »
That's weird. Neither of my D6 cams show anything similar.
I don't think the orientation sensor has anything to do with the codec core.
FWIW, the orientation sensor issue is confirmed on g7x and sx60 (https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12532.msg128897#msg128897). You may need to have a still image present at boot to see it. I always assumed it was a hardware initialization issue, but it agree it's probably different hardware.

I thought I had confirmed it on sx710 as well, but wasn't able to reproduce it just now (no FI2 fix applied)
Don't forget what the H stands for.