A470 and Ultimate Intervalometer - page 3 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

A470 and Ultimate Intervalometer

• 38 Replies
Re: A470 and Ultimate Intervalometer
« Reply #20 on: 19 / March / 2014, 14:52:39 »
Advertisements
If you don't have success with stick and custom build, you can try the following:
1) Install CHDK using stick. After this, your SD-card will be bootable.
2) Unzip the content of  custom build that I posted previously to your SD-card. CHDK version installed by STICK will be overwritten, and you'll have a custom version installed.
3) Lock SD-card and test it in your camera.
I think he is using a dual-partition card, which complicates things a bit. 
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #21 on: 19 / March / 2014, 17:31:01 »
Good evening Nafraf and Waterwingz. Apologize for delay, been at work.

Boy has this A470 been a pig to program. Developed a problem where it would not turn on. Turned out to be the little 4mm microswitch intermittent presumably through dust  on the battery door cover. its been hard wired so is now always on and no longer a problem. Bit dissapointing since i brought this camera as never used and it was still in its original wrapping.

Anyway,
I was using a 4gb sd card which Stick formatted as a single fat16 partition.
I was able to create a ver1.3.0 build ok albeit with the led crash problem
I then copied over the zip file contents from a470-102c-1.3.0-=3387-aram_test.zip to replace the stick created files.
Problem still exists except as before when off is selected for led.

for good measure since i was kind of expecting 2 partitions to be created on a 4gb sd,  i used a 16gb sdhc card and stick created 2 partitions as expected. 1=fat16 and  2= fat32.
part 1 bootable part 2 where the bulk of the files were placed.
from the camera i swapped to partition 2 (must load wasp) and extracted content of a470-102c-1.3.0-=3387-aram_test.zip as suggested and copied ultimate.lua. then swapped back to part 1.

runs ok with led off but continues to crash with any led number selected including zero. Sorry!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #22 on: 19 / March / 2014, 17:43:28 »
I was using a 4gb sd card which Stick formatted as a single fat16 partition.
I was able to create a ver1.3.0 build ok albeit with the led crash problem
I think you should stick with the 4GB card for the time being (once the change goes official, you won't need to mess with the additional installation steps any more, you can just use STICK). Nafraf's first test version should work (I have tested it). The ARAM build, however, is not working.

Note that you need to lock the SD card to actually load nafraf's test version.

« Reply #23 on: 19 / March / 2014, 17:46:25 »
srsa-4c, greetings and thanks for the heads up.

« Reply #24 on: 19 / March / 2014, 17:59:43 »
srsa-4c, you are indeed right the first version does indeed work for me on all led settings and on both 4gb and 16gb sd cards.
thankyou for the tip.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #25 on: 19 / March / 2014, 18:54:29 »
Here is a new version: CHDK loaded in ARAM, 102c port rewritten using code_gen.

« Reply #26 on: 20 / March / 2014, 08:19:24 »
Hi Nafraf, had this on test since early this morning and its looking good, no crashing on any of the led options.

I will keep it on test for next couple of days (24 hour with auto reboot) and report back unless you wish me to try another version in the meantime.

Many thanks

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #27 on: 20 / March / 2014, 19:51:51 »
Here is a new version: CHDK loaded in ARAM, 102c port rewritten using code_gen.
That was fast. Boots up, shooting and movie recording is working, set_led over ptp is working. But. Since everything is rewritten, probably all kinds of overrides would need to be re-tested - that will have to wait a bit.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #28 on: 20 / March / 2014, 21:37:38 »
That was fast. Boots up, shooting and movie recording is working, set_led over ptp is working. But. Since everything is rewritten, probably all kinds of overrides would need to be re-tested - that will have to wait a bit.
That was fast thanks to code_gen :), port is based on a590 port.
Thanks for testing, more tests are required. In current trunk version (r3387), there are only two hooks: filewritetask and exp_drv_task. https://trac.assembla.com/chdk/browser/trunk/platform/a470/sub/102c/boot.c

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #29 on: 22 / March / 2014, 17:43:39 »
probably all kinds of overrides would need to be re-tested - that will have to wait a bit.
I have done some testing. The capt_seq hooks (raw, nr, expo override, remote) appear to be working, long exposures work, movie related stuff (compression adjust, zoom, mute) is working, filewrite is working (tested with rs). So, it looks like you can go ahead and finish the remaining part of the code (100e, 101b).