Extra Intervalometer feature - page 7 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum  

Extra Intervalometer feature

• 68 Replies
Re: Extra Intervalometer feature
« Reply #60 on: 10 / April / 2014, 09:14:43 »
Advertisements
No, no, I don't need this script.  Sorry.  Just thought you wanted to now how it was working with my camera.

I have all the scripts I need, a standard, night-time and sunset intervalometer.  Only issue is the Meteor ISO always the same.

Thanks Wingz
« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2014, 09:16:47 by El Pistoffo »

« Reply #61 on: 10 / April / 2014, 09:17:47 »
Just thought you wanted to now how it was working with my camera.
Your camera is fine.  The script lacked proper initialization code.

I have all the scripts I need, a standard, night-time and sunset intervalometer.  Only issue is the Meteor ISO.
When your ISO was "stuck" at 1600,  did you have the camera in Canon "Auto" or "P" mode?  It needs to be in "P" (or one of the manual modes).
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #62 on: 10 / April / 2014, 09:48:06 »
Just thought you wanted to now how it was working with my camera.
Your camera is fine.  The script lacked proper initialization code.

I have all the scripts I need, a standard, night-time and sunset intervalometer.  Only issue is the Meteor ISO.
When your ISO was "stuck" at 1600,  did you have the camera in Canon "Auto" or "P" mode?  It needs to be in "P" (or one of the manual modes).

I had it in P mode, auto ISO being that's how I set it for other scripts that have selective ISO.

I'll try setting the camera to an ISO and see how that works out.

Thanks

« Reply #63 on: 10 / April / 2014, 21:03:41 »
OK.  When I use a plain jane intervalometer I will use camera auto, ISO auto.  When using any other intervalometers I use P mode.  I use auto ISO if the script can control the ISO or select an in-camera ISO if it cant. That being said I did a little more testing with Meteor 2.4

Camera is in P mode.  The stuck in 1600 ISO occurs if the in-camera ISO is set to Auto.  If I set the in-camera ISO to another setting, that setting takes precedence over any ISO setting made in Meteor.

I'm fine with that.  As long as I can set the ISO and it works, regardless of how, I'm good.

Thanks for all the help Waterwingz, sorry to be such a PITA.   :D

« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2014, 21:53:29 by El Pistoffo »

« Reply #64 on: 12 / April / 2014, 11:55:04 »
Camera is in P mode.  The stuck in 1600 ISO occurs if the in-camera ISO is set to Auto.  If I set the in-camera ISO to another setting, that setting takes precedence over any ISO setting made in Meteor.
Did some more experimenting and updated the script as a result.

meteor2.lua

Seems set ISO properly in ISO Auto mode now on all my newer cameras (DryOS) but not on my old A560.   I'll have to play with that a bit more.

It would be nice if you'd give that a try and report back?

« Reply #65 on: 12 / April / 2014, 16:42:43 »
Further to my previous post,  I've figured out why the meteor2.lua script will not set the specified ISO value for VxWorks cameras.  It appear that the use of

Code: [Select]
call_event_proc("InitializeAdjustmentFunction")to enable the OpenMShutter proc disables the ability to override the ISO setting from the script.  So I added the ability to disable setting the ISO value from the script.

« Reply #66 on: 12 / April / 2014, 21:16:56 »
I gave your latest version a test spin and it's a success. All the ISO settings within the script worked though I just now realized I left the in-camera ISO set to 800 instead of Auto but it still worked.
You the man Waterwingz :)

Thanks

« Reply #67 on: 12 / April / 2014, 21:53:16 »
All the ISO settings within the script worked though I just now realized I left the in-camera ISO set to 800 instead of Auto but it still worked.
Double check the Auto ISO setting for me please ?

« Reply #68 on: 12 / April / 2014, 22:34:52 »
All the ISO settings within the script worked though I just now realized I left the in-camera ISO set to 800 instead of Auto but it still worked.
Double check the Auto ISO setting for me please ?

Works fine in Auto.