Powershot N Porting Thread - page 8 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Powershot N Porting Thread

• 212 Replies
Re: Powershot N Porting Thread
« Reply #70 on: 17 / August / 2014, 09:34:52 »
Advertisements
Something else to note: When I hold the power button to boot into shooting mode directly the CHDK logo isn't washed out, I get "NO OVERRIDES", battery meter, clock, temperature and DNG: counter (Camera does not shoot DNG yet of course.) after turning the camera on.
Even better news.

Edit : Although the fact that touch still works says the touch routine address info I found for the N by scanning memory is not going to work for the Facebook version.  I'll have to think about how we are going to hunt that down.
« Last Edit: 17 / August / 2014, 10:07:48 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #71 on: 17 / August / 2014, 10:30:59 »
Three more test versions of DISKBOOT.BIN all zipped into one file.

• Test1 enables a few more setup things than the previous version.  Should work just like the previous test version.
  • Test2 turns the color palette management back on so you should get a red logo when booting in playback
  • Test3 allows the <ALT> mode screen to display.

All three versions work as expected when tested on my N.  Test them in order - once you get a failure, no point testing any further as the next test version will fail too.

Let's see what they do ?

Offline koshy

« Reply #72 on: 17 / August / 2014, 17:26:53 »
Test1 works just as the previous one. Including the difference that I described when booting into shooting mode directly. Test2 freezes the camera on the blue Canon logo screen no matter which boot method.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #73 on: 17 / August / 2014, 19:31:52 »
Test1 works just as the previous one. Including the difference that I described when booting into shooting mode directly. Test2 freezes the camera on the blue Canon logo screen no matter which boot method.
Okay - great - based on this I've taken a great leap of faith and reverted to my original build with the single difference that the custom user palette is not enabled.  The values I used in stubs_min.S match those in the Powershot N firmware so I don't see why it does not work. But this is worth a try.
« Last Edit: 17 / August / 2014, 19:33:25 by waterwingz »

Offline koshy

« Reply #74 on: 17 / August / 2014, 19:59:01 »
Okay - great - based on this I've taken a great leap of faith and reverted to my original build with the single difference that the custom user palette is not enabled.  The values I used in stubs_min.S match those in the Powershot N firmware so I don't see why it does not work. But this is worth a try.
That leap took us way ahead. The build works. ALT mode can be invoked. As you suspected before the native Touch doesn't get disabled, so I can record a video while in alt mode because the underlying touch screen rec button gets actuated. But generally it works I can display teh CHDK menu etc.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #75 on: 17 / August / 2014, 20:04:47 »
Yippie !

By menu I assume you mean the new touch buttons on the PowerShot N ALT screen? Can't figure how you got the CHDK menu itself to open.

So next orders of business are fixing this and getting touch running. Then we can turn the other tasks on.
« Last Edit: 17 / August / 2014, 20:07:40 by waterwingz »

Offline koshy

« Reply #76 on: 17 / August / 2014, 21:47:29 »
By menu I assume you mean the new touch buttons on the PowerShot N ALT screen? Can't figure how you got the CHDK menu itself to open.
I booted into shooting mode. And by menu I meant the CHDK menu. The new touch buttons come up in ALT mode. I press the upper left one and get the CHDK menu open. I can't use it because my touches on up down and so forth buttons seem to register with the camera functions below them, like record movie. Also The new buttons become all white when touching some but no crashes.

« Reply #77 on: 17 / August / 2014, 23:28:26 »
I booted into shooting mode. And by menu I meant the CHDK menu. The new touch buttons come up in ALT mode. I press the upper left one and get the CHDK menu open. I can't use it because my touches on up down and so forth buttons seem to register with the camera functions below them, like record movie. Also The new buttons become all white when touching some but no crashes.
That helps.  It means the x & y touch positions I found are working but the hook that tells the Canon firmware to ignore touches is not.   I can work from there.

« Reply #78 on: 18 / August / 2014, 00:36:50 »
@waterwingz

Thanks for reply.

This is typically what happens when you try to load the wrong firmware version. Did you try checking that with ACID ? 

ACID says 100a

To help diagnosing your problem, you could do these:

- make a romlog: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Romlog
- dump your firmware: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Dumper

Files are attached, maybe they will help...

Firmware Dump is too large for attachment, it can be dowloaded http://www.andreas-baumgartner.at/bilder_forum/PRIMARY.BIN

Regards, Andreas.

« Reply #79 on: 18 / August / 2014, 11:32:49 »
Files are attached, maybe they will help...
The timestamp in the log file is from 2014:08:13 07:01:47 = five days ago.  Is the time set correctly on your camera and if so, is that when you saw the last crash?

On the chance there is something random in the user palette code of the N as well as the N_facebook,  as discovered yesterday,  I'll send you a build a little later today for the N with it turned off so we can see if that is causing problems.